1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By doc on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

We bought our '95 Nissan Maxima GLE nine years ago and can not believe what a great car it has been. The interior leather is pristine as is the plastic. There are a few wear and tear dings to the exterior, but nothing too bad. Mechanically, the car has been absolutely PERFECT. Other than routine maintenance and losing the antennae in a car wash, it has never had a single problem and still drives as well as it did when it was new. Great acceleration - the 3.0L engine in a 3000 lb frame gives it more than enough acceleration.

Best car owned
By jconner on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have never owed a "non-american" car before purchasing the Nissan. I must say the car is clearly made better than the Fords and Cheveys I have driven in the past. Bought it with 184,000 on it crossing my fingers. After putting 30K on it I have only had to change the oil in it. Great car.

My First Car
By Pez on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

The silky smooth V6 is superb; it throws you to the back of the car once you floor it. The leather interior is graciously crafted alongside with the woodgrain that gives it a luxury type look. I've driven this car all over Texas picking up loads of friends; they all seem to have given me great compliments on my car like "Man, your parents bought you a really nice car", "Your car takes off!", "Is your car on? (because its so quiet and still)", and "Your Bose system is awesome!" Nissan has done an all around great job on this powerful sedan. I think I'm going to keep this car until it stops running.

Nissan Maxima GLE 1995
By Ryan McBride on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 118000 miles on it. The first thing to go was regulator on the back window. Since, the only major repair that was done was the replacing of a starter. One pain was the cup holder position, which makes it easy to spill coffee or soda into the console resulting in the replacement of an oxygen sensor--a $26 value, but with dealer installation can add up to $170+ easily. It now has over 200000 miles and still drives like a dream.

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4DR
By fabolous on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A simply wonderful vehicle to own. I have owned one for 9 years and 222,900 miles. I have had absolutly NO problems with this vehicle. Owning this vehicle has been a pleasure for me. If there is anyone out there looking to purchase one I strongly suggest you do because this vehicle is the total package it has Luxury, Performance and reliability. Out of the many vehicles I have had this vehicle has been my favorite it gives a quality ride as well as very fast when needed!!

Great Maxima
By CChafin on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 7 cars, usually Toyotas but this is by far the best I've had. Very solid and reliable. I would recommend a Maxima to anyone. Great to drive (and I came from an RX-7) and a terriffic value. Get one.

I'm in love
By 95se on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Honestly I haven't driven a better vehicle. Fun, Fast, and Stylish, the Maxima leaves me with absolutely no complaints to express.

Best bet for family car.
By EaglyMax on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first Nissan. I was able to obtain an 95 SE with a manual transmission, which took my several weeks to find (only about 8% of Maxima's sold have a manual). This car is fun to drive. Though it's not a true sports car, it makes a great family car!! With the manual this car is fun on two-lane roads. This car has more interior room than an Accord/Camry. Plus, if you get am Accord/Camry, you're going to spend a minimum of $1200 to have a sound anywhere close to what the Bose delivers. I considered a Camry and Accord when I was looking, but the Max fit the bill. It has more room and it a lot more fun to drive than a Accord and Camry (put together).

Love my MAXIMA!
By jr73 on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got this car back in 1997 for my wife with about 45K miles on it. It is my daily drive car now and has 135K miles and drives like the day we got it. The motor and transmission are smooth. I have done routine maintenance on it and it has been bullet proof. When I want, I drive it hard and it responds like the well tuned sports sedan that it is. It is so much fun to drive and has so much spirit for any car, much less a large 4-door family sedan. There are many new cars that won't come close to the performance and value I get out of this car even today. I'm sold for life! I will buy another Maxima!

95 Maxima Se
By Hoobledooble on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 2 years. it has 156,000 mile on it and is running strong. it's got a very roomy interior with a very nice 200watt stock Bose audio system. this car can keep up with cars with 50+ horsepower advantages weighing in at only 2895 lbs for the 5 speed version. this car keeps up with my friends 260 hp cura 3.2 Cl Type S. there's almost nothing that could persuade me to get rid of this car. I'll drive it til it dies