Used 1995 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Maximum Maxima
By fastridingman

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

At 137k this car is running strong, smooth and reliably. Every component works as it should. The car also has great structural integrity. not a single squeak or rattle. This Nissan is superior to similar age Accord in every aspect including fuel mileage. I owned both. The Maxima outguns the Accord -- period. I just installed a set of 17" wheels from an '05 for style. This car is worth the investment. I haven't had to spend much -- front struts and an anti-knock sensor. I plan on another 100,000 fun, trouble free miles with this Maxima. Parts and accessories are readily available. I recommend a new or used Maxima to anyone looking for a good handling, strong running sedan.

Favorite Features

Powertrain is exceptional. The 3.0 V6 and automatic transmission are pure silk. I love the passing power. Honda could take a lesson. The optional Bose stereo is a delight.

Suggested Improvements

Later models addressed my few complaints, nicer wheels, better cupholders, stronger headlights.

If you want reliability.....
By AEP

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is the car to go for, if you need low prive and reliability. I just had the 120K miles service (as recommended by Nissan Manual) and it was all 320$. I have never had a single problem with this car - the engine is powerful , it has enough comfort for a commute car and it goes 23 mpg on the freeway - a good value given the 6 cylinders.

Favorite Features

Engine power - reliability

Suggested Improvements

This is a plain car - no fancy stuff inside. If i could name two things that I miss , it's a rear window wiper and passenger seat electronic movement (it's manual, at least in my model)

best car I've ever owned
By jason green

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazing car. I've had for ten years and all I've done is change the oil & buy new OE tires. With 140k miles it's still quick and alot of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine- terrific V-6

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

95 Nissan Maxima GLE
By 95 Nissan Maxima

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Great Car...Very Reliable...Still running strong at 240,000 miles, hoping it will reach 300,000 miles. Never done any major repair accept preventive maintenance.

Favorite Features

Climate control, Moonroof, heated seath, leather.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it performed better with 87 Octane gas. Requires 91 or above.

Perfection is called "maxima"
By Burgeson

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

In these times of high gas prices, the Maxima is the way to combine perfect performance on the gas meter and the spedometer. A wonderful ride, and great standard sound system. The only automatic car a "stick" driver would love. Pick up is amazing!

Favorite Features

All features are mentaly ergonomic, and luxurious.

Suggested Improvements

bigger rims