1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Reliable transportation
By Bryan S on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car for 5 months but it has performed very well for me. The gas mileage is pretty mediocre and I did some preventative maintenance by replacing the starter even though it hadn't broken down yet. Other than that, it's been exactly what I expected it to be. No surprises - which is pretty good for a car that cost me less than $7k.

Best Used Car Ever!
By jlamboy on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my SE used in 98 w/56K miles on it. It now has 154K and other than a few maintenance items, the car is solid and fun to drive. I have a few aftermarket items (intake, down pipe, suspension) on it, but replacing the taillights (white & red) and adding clear bumper lenses has taken years off the appearance. People cannot believe the car is almost 10 years old. Maxima.org has maintenance and performance insight and that community has been invaluable for the weekend mechanic and do it yourselfer.

Maxima 1995
By gocubbies on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Great Car. No problems. Just general maintenance. 1995 With 90,000 miles and still rides great.

1995 Nissan Maxima SE - super value!
By Gary95 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Owned since new--10 years (2004). 140k miles. Extremely reliable car. Parts worn out so far: starter motor (easily replaced it myself) and suspension (as getting too soft--upgraded to high performance aftermarket setup). Most people don't realize the customization market for the Nissan Maxima has been growing steadily for the last 5 years. Maxima.org--phenomenal resource for Maximas, especially advice from die- hard owners. I've made extensive improvements with info I learned there. Upshot: greatest value vehicle I've ever owned. If you're on a budget and you can find one in very good condition, GET IT! (of course, after mechanical inspection)

95 Max GLE
By ger3sf on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car privately ($11.5K) in summer of 1999 with 57K miles, and now with 77K miles. Used as a second car when transporting 3-4 people, cargo, or whenever I don't want to drive my Z3 or Boxter. Always gets dealer servicing every 6 months, and insist on OEM replacements where possible. Had one breakdown in summer 2003 due to failed starter. Good quality, inexpensive hauler that allows me to have 2-seaters for daily driving.

Sell before 160K
By achy braky car on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Overall, I have been very happy with my Maxima. In recent times, however, it has been a disapointment. Once it reached 160000 miles, everything seemed programmed to break. In a two month period of time, I have had to replace the calipers, rotors, struts, strut mounts, coil springs, battery, tires, front and rear axles and catalytic converter. The only thing that remains unfixed is the engine and the transmission. Before this time, I was generally fine with replacing worn out struts every 15K miles, but now at 165K the brakes and struts are going again.

Maxine takes me for a ride!!!
By nismohack on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Maxine loves to get up and go all of the time, and no exceptions. She is so reliable and will drive in any weather. Front-wheel drive and plenty of power to back it up with, this is the best car I have ever bought, and a good investment. She has 113000 miles and is just being broken in.

excellent car
By Kyaker on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is my wifes daily driver and was purchased new for her job which was 80+% of the time in the car. I wanted her to drive a vehicle that had power and was safe verses most other cars if she was ever in an accident. Now she is a stay at home mom and I am getting her a new car, I was thinking that she would want a mini van etc. She wanted another Maxima. Nuff said...

MAXIMA stands for MAX POWER
By MAX X DEX on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

It is a pretty good car except the suspension is the only thing (rear end) I don't like. hard hydrolics are good, it's like M3. fuel efficient. timing chain. so you fon't have to worry about that. AND whenever you have a car, don't try to save money on cheap parts. I only buy original, in a longer term it pays off, cause original parts are very efficient and last a lot longer.

1995 Maxima SE
By rfl on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car I ever owned. Bought it new in '94. Now have 140,000 miles on it. Only problem has been a set of noisy chain tensioners. Car still looks and drives like new. Leather seats in interior are still flawless. The engine stills hits redline in a hurry with nary a hiccup.