Used 1995 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

My 95 Maxima!
By AshFromHBG

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 1 1/2 yrs ago and have had a few issues. I had to replace the alternator a little after buying it which was sort of expected. I replaced some "knock sensor" which was about $450.00 and I now need to replace an EGR solenoid. I know that will be costly as well. I bought the car for $6500.00 and have put much money into it. It is all paid off and now I am having these knock sensor, EGR issues. Also, I need struts. They say the suspension is bad on the car (probably front and back) I would not trade this car for anything else though. I love it. I will need to replace the speakers and the stereo as the Bose CD player died and the speakers are beginning to crack.

Bose sound system before they started cracking. (I know it's my fault for listening too loud.) Look of the front end of car (it looks like a beast).

Better sensors which last longer and harder material for body. Someone hit me going 25 miles an hour and knocked out my headlight, foglight and smashed in the drivers side fender.

1995 SE 5-speed
By D. Rossi

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

When I originally purchased the Maxima, I wanted to get maximum fuel economy and reliability while maintaining a semi-luxury design and sporty feel; enter the Maxima five speed, fuel efficent, reliable, and filled with creature comforts (Bose stereo, digital climate control, heated leather, etc.). The vehicle is responsive and comfortable, handling is about average for its size and build quality is relatively good. You really do get quite a lot for not much money, but be warned: Nissan charges premium prices for its components, well over the prices you'd expect from a Japanese automobile. All in all I would still recommend the vehicle despite its faults as a great daily driver.

Reliability (the vehicle has been worked on so little the bolts in the belly pan rusted off due to their rare removal!). Interior comfort package (radio, climate control, etc.). Engine performance, especially with the manual transmission is superb. Fuel economy is top notch.

Transmission design is "notchy" and you really have to "row" between gears. Also with age first gear and reverse require double clutching. Leather quality leaves much to be desired. Pricing on parts is almost at luxury car level, well above Toyota and Honda part costs.

Keeps Going and Going and ...
By sbddmd1

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

182,000 still runs good as new. I installed a k&n filter on it which improved horsepower and fuel economy.

Still stylish for 95, rides like a sports car plenty of hp, great bose system

The dash is all black with gray and black cloth seats. Today you find cars with silver or aluminum trim on the dash to make the interior even more stylish. I installed a after market dash kit and it looks great. So there, that would be my suggested improvement

357,000 Strong
By Greg

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. Well this one has lasted me almost 10 years. My dad owned it before me. We have changed the oil every 3000 miles. The only problem I have ever had was the starter went out. It has 357,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it from my father.

The engine is the best part about this car.

It doesn't wash the dishes.

Awsome car
By Ryan

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I worked at a dealership for awhile. I used this car to get places i needed to go so i didn't have to put wear on my car. The car had 185,000 miles on it and it ran as good as my 2000 se with 80k. It handled awesomely and still had the performance i expected. I love my 00 and i loved this 95. I highly recommend a maxima to anyone. In my opinion of owning 2 a 90 and a 00 and having friends own them and working on there cars. I HIGHLY recommend the maxima. Just look up VQ30DE on Google and see all the awesome reviews you get for the motor!!!!

Engine, Tranny, styling, seats, options on base model.

Fold down rear seat...fixed on later models,