1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Best All Around Car I Have Wwned
By J. Green on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

A fast, fuel efficient car that is fun to drive. This car has been the only one I have owned that been zero maintenance except for normal wear items. Best all around car I have owned.

I hate to part with her...
By kencal2000 on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought her brand-spanking new at start of 1995 and have loved the ride, style, and general performance. Haven't as much cared for any of the later models of Maxima until 2002 though. Now with 122,000 miles and need for more cargo and people space I'm looking to sell---dealer wanted to give me $3500 trade-in...which is a joke for my well-cared for machine.

Maxima Heaven
By mojo on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Nissan Maxima is the best car I have ever owned. I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought it new in 1995. I am almost afraid to part with it and purchase a different dealer brand or even model. What more can i say. WOW thanks Nissan for such a GREAT car!

Incredible car.
By harmonic on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 1995 Maxima SE last month. Coming from a 1988 ford tempo, the 3.0 V6 engine with it's impressive 190 horses was especially pleasing. I've gotten to 100 mph at 5600 RPMs in 3rd gear. There is no question, this is the best V6 in any family car model of 1995. The only downside I've had so far is the almost uncontainable urge to give the tremendously responsive V6 more than a tiny hint of pressure on the gas pedal and take off like a fighter jet in the middle of a busy street. Excellent features, attractive rear spoiler. Suspension is annoyingly stiff on bumpy straightaways, but it pleasingly effective on turns.

THis is why it's tough for US to compete
By Jrod on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. Had four other American made cars before it. I travel quite a bit and have over 210, 000 miles and het to have an engine problem. Had to replace the starter at around 140K. But no real repairs. I keep the oil changed every 5-6K. Very low maintenance since the timing belt is chain driven. Wife had a Camry and it was more expensive to keep it up and didn't have as much power. Only wish it had a little more leg room because I am 6'3" but will DEFINITELY be buying another one. Keep wanting to trade it in but my mechanic says why bother. It's in perfect running condition.

A driver's car with comfort and class.
By tomthumb on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I've owned Jaguars, Camry's, Mustang GT's, and 240's (both Z & SX), and I have trouble thinking how the Maxima could be better designed. It delivers absolutely wonderful performance for a sedan, with a nearly perfect balance of handling and ride comfort. The cabin is a joy for the driver, while still being quite pleasant for passengers on long trips. I bought my '95 GLE in late '99 with 39K on it, have 76K on it now, and expect to drive it for at least another 50K, at which point I'll look for another used Maxima.

Great decision
By Max effect on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This Maxima has brought me nothing but joy. Reliable with the minor exception of a left front CV boot which the dealer replaced for free when I bought it. Other than that nothing! I've changed the oil every 3000 miles and it performs almost as new! G-teched 0- 60=6.9 at 91000 miles! Great ride. Long wheelbase=great comfort,especially on long trips. Turns that belies its size. Problem- mid-corner bumps at high speed causes rear hop due to rear torsion beam suspension. Comfy in front/back for 5. Averaged 26mpg/50% city/2 years. Problem-"requires" 91 octane. I highly recommend it as a stress free, fun car... good luck!

Overall, a fantastic car
By mipsmaster on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The best part of my Maxima is that it's so fun to drive compared to every other four-door out there. Get the five speed version if you don't have to deal with too much traffic - you'll have tons of fun zipping around town. The other reason I bought this car is that it is extremely reliable, and from 35,000 to 85,000 it has needed no work - just routine maintenance. Too bad America can't seem to make fun, reliable vehicles affordable.

My great Maxi
By JOSE LUIS A. on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

As a proud owner of my max,I have chanched my old max(92 se) for this one and my suggestions are that it is and still a really confortable car that I have got .

SUPER MAXIMA
By Supamaxima on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

If you want a car that can beat any other stock car at any stop light this is the one for you. It can do it with the most comfortable interior, five speed trans(optional) and a 190hp V6 that comes standard. The only shortcoming of this car towards the camry and accord is the suspension. Its a little stiff, but it makes that up in the turns. This huge thing can take any tight corner with ease, and as every street racer knows stiffer suspension means more grip in turns. I've driven the carmy and accord, those boats have nothing , no power, no acceleration, no handling, just a luxirious interior that makes the car seem more than it really is.