Used 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Machine
By happy owner

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Maxima, I also owned a 1991, which I drove to its death at 250,000 miles. I also own a 2003 with 102,000 miles. This 1995 currently has 175,000. It is a fabulous machine to drive, I had some replacements problems by having to replace alternator, starter, CV axles, a couple of fuel injectors, infamous knock sensor and the coolant temp sensor apart from regular brake, tune up, oil changes. I think the tricky thing is when the one of the fuel injectors starts acting up, the car/computer thinks the knock sensor and the temp sensor is bad, which was not the case with my and actually one of the injector was going bad. Parts are expensive but a reliable car.

Build quality and design is very good. Engine and tranny working like new even at 175K. Bose CD is great. GLE model is well equipped and would compete with any luxury car maker. Good four wheel disk brakes.

Expensive parts and maintenance at the dealer will take your arm and leg. Don't go crazy on that and get it done at your town mechanic, this is not a ferrari! Other than than, its perfect!

Bullet Proof
By N. D.

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I put on a lot of highway miles in the first three years. Had to replace the starter twice, new shocks. Did have a problem with sensor brought on by freezing weather in Tahoe. As a consequence, the engine would cut out while accelerating. It cost $75 to replace the sensor. Only problems in 14 years. Replace oil every 3,000 miles from day one. Odometer now shows 300,175 miles. Still accelerates like day one. Very fast car. Hums at 85 mph. Best car I've ever owned. My third Maxima. The other two went to 180,000+. Traded one in and totaled the other in an accident.

The engine. Light weight. Excellent turning radius.

None. Maybe the greatest car in its price range of the decade.

Keeps Going and Going and ...
By sbddmd1

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

182,000 still runs good as new. I installed a k&n filter on it which improved horsepower and fuel economy.

Still stylish for 95, rides like a sports car plenty of hp, great bose system

The dash is all black with gray and black cloth seats. Today you find cars with silver or aluminum trim on the dash to make the interior even more stylish. I installed a after market dash kit and it looks great. So there, that would be my suggested improvement

357,000 Strong
By Greg

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. Well this one has lasted me almost 10 years. My dad owned it before me. We have changed the oil every 3000 miles. The only problem I have ever had was the starter went out. It has 357,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it from my father.

The engine is the best part about this car.

It doesn't wash the dishes.

Awsome car
By Ryan

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I worked at a dealership for awhile. I used this car to get places i needed to go so i didn't have to put wear on my car. The car had 185,000 miles on it and it ran as good as my 2000 se with 80k. It handled awesomely and still had the performance i expected. I love my 00 and i loved this 95. I highly recommend a maxima to anyone. In my opinion of owning 2 a 90 and a 00 and having friends own them and working on there cars. I HIGHLY recommend the maxima. Just look up VQ30DE on Google and see all the awesome reviews you get for the motor!!!!

Engine, Tranny, styling, seats, options on base model.

Fold down rear seat...fixed on later models,