Used 1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Owned it for 19 years
By G.M.

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the GLE when it was 2 years old and had 100,000 miles on it. What a good car if you take care of it. I clay bar and wax it every 6 months. The paint is like new. I do all of the repairs myself, that makes everything a lot less money and is not that hard. I have 221,000 on it now. It did need some repairs like 2 starters, 1 alternator, 6 fuel injectors, valve cover gasket, power steering pump, Idle air Control valve, CV shafts, Bakes, Radiator and a good leather drivers seat from the junk yard. Still driving it and plan on getting another 100,000 out of it.

FOREVER MAXIMA
By MIKE

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 new GLE with all the goodies . Its been a great car with very little problems in 20 years.
With only 70.000 ml the car should last another 20 yrs. Most people talk about 250.000 ml and more well
I'll be gone before then lol ... My brother and I are musicians in rock bands for years and the Bose stereo
Blew us away . Great car if you only take care of it . Use only the best parts for repairs and your Nissan
Will drive happy for a long time .....My car should be a classic before it wares out ...Might just keep it for another 30 yrs ..

1995 strong after 20 years
By myedmunds6

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I had my 95 maxima for 4 years. Bought from a dealer at incrredible 65K miles in prestine condition.

This is my 5th datsun-nissan. Just change oil regularly at 5k.
Need to replace consumables. Other than that, no major repair needed. Spends aboout $300 for repair/maint.
On my previous 94 maxima, I drove about 300K+ odometer stopped at 230K. I drove 4 more years until the tranny gave up.
Gas mileage is about 20 mpg on city+highway mix.

Maxima 95
By ev15

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought a Nissan Maxima SE, It's got a 187,000 km's on it and it looks brand new.
it's only had one owner before me, who purchased it brand new in 1995.
I still can't understand how someone could keep a car for 18 years, drive it everyday and still have it in impeccable condition.
it literally doesn't have a scratch on the paint.
I don't think anybody ever sat in the back or in the front passenger seat, even the driver side is 90% of it's original brand new condition.
I don't think anything was ever placed in the trunk and the 18 year old alloy wheels look brand new.
I have truly scored a Gem and I hope to keep it till it dies.
Hats off to Nissan, they made a great car

1995 Nissan Maxima
By john33rr

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1998 and it has 46,000 miles on it.
We drove it until April 2012 when it had 265,000 miles on it.
Very little maintenance on this car.
It would get 34 MPG on the Interstate and around 26 MPG local.
We sold it to a friend and it is still running.
Best car we have ever owned.
Way to go Nissan.
I would have bought another Maxima but they started putting 3.5 liter engines in them.
Bad for gas.