Used 1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

1995 strong after 20 years
By myedmunds6

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I had my 95 maxima for 4 years. Bought from a dealer at incrredible 65K miles in prestine condition. This is my 5th datsun-nissan. Just change oil regularly at 5k. Need to replace consumables. Other than that, no major repair needed. Spends aboout $300 for repair/maint. On my previous 94 maxima, I drove about 300K+ odometer stopped at 230K. I drove 4 more years until the tranny gave up. Gas mileage is about 20 mpg on city+highway mix.

Maxima 95
By ev15

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought a Nissan Maxima SE, It's got a 187,000 km's on it and it looks brand new. it's only had one owner before me, who purchased it brand new in 1995. I still can't understand how someone could keep a car for 18 years, drive it everyday and still have it in impeccable condition. it literally doesn't have a scratch on the paint. I don't think anybody ever sat in the back or in the front passenger seat, even the driver side is 90% of it's original brand new condition. I don't think anything was ever placed in the trunk and the 18 year old alloy wheels look brand new. I have truly scored a Gem and I hope to keep it till it dies. Hats off to Nissan, they made a great car

1995 Nissan Maxima
By john33rr

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1998 and it has 46,000 miles on it. We drove it until April 2012 when it had 265,000 miles on it. Very little maintenance on this car. It would get 34 MPG on the Interstate and around 26 MPG local. We sold it to a friend and it is still running. Best car we have ever owned. Way to go Nissan. I would have bought another Maxima but they started putting 3.5 liter engines in them. Bad for gas.

Gas mileage and dependability

None

Dependable, but...
By badgerone5

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

can't understand how the frame could deteriorate so badly that it is virtually undrivable now. For a car that is 17 years old, I expected more--even if we are in the north. Have had the vehicle for about 2.5 years, and it has been dependable for our daughter, driving to and from college (some 400 miles away), generally requiring just regular maintenance overall. But, the car is virtually junk now because of the frame--with only 126,500 miles on it. Very disappointed. Other issues: a check engine light comes on often (oxygen sensor?), and it has a lot of rust. But the frame is the main issue. If purchasing vehicle used, have a pre-purchase check--especially the frame.

Comfortable to drive. Handles well.

Frame construction needs to be improved. Check engine light comes on too often.

Awesome old Maxima
By Calmadre

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought as a lease return. This car currently (2/2010) has 250k miles. Minimum maintenance.I'm religious about 3k oil changes. I LOVE this car. It is going on 16 yrs. and I have no worry's about long distance trips. Nissan is the BEST. I figured I spend about $600. yr in repairs. Can anybody beat that?

Pimped out features. Ok, Radio and clock LCD died recently.

Cupholders in back seat.