1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Maxima 95
By ev15 on 03/22/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought a Nissan Maxima SE, It's got a 187,000 km's on it and it looks brand new. it's only had one owner before me, who purchased it brand new in 1995. I still can't understand how someone could keep a car for 18 years, drive it everyday and still have it in impeccable condition. it literally doesn't have a scratch on the paint. I don't think anybody ever sat in the back or in the front passenger seat, even the driver side is 90% of it's original brand new condition. I don't think anything was ever placed in the trunk and the 18 year old alloy wheels look brand new. I have truly scored a Gem and I hope to keep it till it dies. Hats off to Nissan, they made a great car

Historic 1995 NissanMaximaQX performance
By fnaaijkens on 07/09/09 05:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have purchased one for Hfl 32000, now EUR15000 in 1997. It had had one owner for a year after being in the showroom for a year. Bought it at 69,000 km (40k miles). I have owned it for 12 years, and the only thing to break down was the dashboard clocks. About after every 350,000 km (200,000 mi) So, I have driven it for 1,300,000 km (800,000 mi) at it still drives like a modern 1-year- old car. It is unbelievable. Because I wanted an automatic, I started out with a Primera for 5 months, then got this one when I was 27 year. Now I'm 40 years and still driving it! Amazing.

No one builds them like Japan
By E-Man77 on 05/20/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this baby last month. I paid $2,000 and has spent about $1,500 on repairs. I've replaced the radiator, drive belts, valve cover gaskets, one fuel injector, two ignition coils, and all six spark plugs. All failed parts were originals. Avoid the dealership for repairs because it's extremely expensive. The car drives and handles like a charm. The body is solid and paint still shines. It has power and acceleration that throws you back in your seat. The volume control on radio doesn't work, so it gradually gets louder. A cassette tape is also stuck inside. It's a 5-speed. The original clutch was replaced two years ago. Car has 158,000 miles. Good for at least 150,000 more.

Great car -- but RUST
By MaxRI on 08/16/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have an SE 5-spd with leather. Great car! V6 w/manual is great, interior feels better than many current mid-size sedans. Awesome Bose stereo system. The issue: RUST. Car was in MA/RI its whole life, with many rust-related problems lately: cosmetic, engine issues (clamp rusted - radiator hose came off on road) to now major frame damage ($$$$). Engine and interior still great, though. If you live in Phoenix a 1995 Max would be a great, cheap way to get a fun and well-built car. But 95 is just too old here with snow/salt; mine is being sold.

The Max
By R Keister on 08/10/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

At 150,000 miles, and practically NO mechanical problems, this car is AMAZING! The engine runs like it's new. Of course, my penchant for religious maintenance might have something to do with that. It's comfortable, quiet, powerful and all-in-all pleasant to drive. Fuel economy is really good considering the vintage and engine size (3.0L V6) - 21 in town and as high as 28 on trips.

Best car I've owned
By Quagmire on 04/26/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car 8 years, bought it with 55k. It's now at 226k and still running strong. The car has been driven for years in Maine to Indiana, Oregon and now in Florida. Routine maintenance is always done myself, including replacing the starter once, brake pads of course and battery a few times. Never stranded once even when the started did go out it's a manual and so easy to push start. Lots of long drives and I'm 6'5" and never any back or leg problems. Only shop work done was new shocks and struts at 160k and a new clutch at about 120k, the old was still original. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the new clutch has maintained because I don't drive the car easy.

My 95 Maxima!
By AshFromHBG on 03/23/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 1 1/2 yrs ago and have had a few issues. I had to replace the alternator a little after buying it which was sort of expected. I replaced some "knock sensor" which was about $450.00 and I now need to replace an EGR solenoid. I know that will be costly as well. I bought the car for $6500.00 and have put much money into it. It is all paid off and now I am having these knock sensor, EGR issues. Also, I need struts. They say the suspension is bad on the car (probably front and back) I would not trade this car for anything else though. I love it. I will need to replace the speakers and the stereo as the Bose CD player died and the speakers are beginning to crack.

1995 SE 5-speed
By D. Rossi on 09/10/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

When I originally purchased the Maxima, I wanted to get maximum fuel economy and reliability while maintaining a semi-luxury design and sporty feel; enter the Maxima five speed, fuel efficent, reliable, and filled with creature comforts (Bose stereo, digital climate control, heated leather, etc.). The vehicle is responsive and comfortable, handling is about average for its size and build quality is relatively good. You really do get quite a lot for not much money, but be warned: Nissan charges premium prices for its components, well over the prices you'd expect from a Japanese automobile. All in all I would still recommend the vehicle despite its faults as a great daily driver.

Performance and some quality
By Steve on 11/09/06 10:17 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought it w/29,000 miles in excellent condition. At 70,000 miles had to replace the trans. (throw/out bearings grs. 1&2), as w/ a previous maxima. gone though 3 alternators, and entire cooling system. Bose/Clarion radio died. Body, interior and engine held up well. pwr seat does not adjust anymore, little bits of trim cracked and broke - not through abuse or neglect.

If you want reliability.....
By AEP on 03/22/06 14:03 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is the car to go for, if you need low prive and reliability. I just had the 120K miles service (as recommended by Nissan Manual) and it was all 320$. I have never had a single problem with this car - the engine is powerful , it has enough comfort for a commute car and it goes 23 mpg on the freeway - a good value given the 6 cylinders.