1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
1995 strong after 20 years
By myedmunds6 on 01/16/14 09:47 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I had my 95 maxima for 4 years. Bought from a dealer at incrredible 65K miles in prestine condition. This is my 5th datsun-nissan. Just change oil regularly at 5k. Need to replace consumables. Other than that, no major repair needed. Spends aboout $300 for repair/maint. On my previous 94 maxima, I drove about 300K+ odometer stopped at 230K. I drove 4 more years until the tranny gave up. Gas mileage is about 20 mpg on city+highway mix.

Maxima 95
By ev15 on 03/22/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought a Nissan Maxima SE, It's got a 187,000 km's on it and it looks brand new. it's only had one owner before me, who purchased it brand new in 1995. I still can't understand how someone could keep a car for 18 years, drive it everyday and still have it in impeccable condition. it literally doesn't have a scratch on the paint. I don't think anybody ever sat in the back or in the front passenger seat, even the driver side is 90% of it's original brand new condition. I don't think anything was ever placed in the trunk and the 18 year old alloy wheels look brand new. I have truly scored a Gem and I hope to keep it till it dies. Hats off to Nissan, they made a great car

1995 Nissan Maxima
By john33rr on 01/23/13 10:48 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1998 and it has 46,000 miles on it. We drove it until April 2012 when it had 265,000 miles on it. Very little maintenance on this car. It would get 34 MPG on the Interstate and around 26 MPG local. We sold it to a friend and it is still running. Best car we have ever owned. Way to go Nissan. I would have bought another Maxima but they started putting 3.5 liter engines in them. Bad for gas.

Dependable, but...
By badgerone5 on 08/13/12 15:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

can't understand how the frame could deteriorate so badly that it is virtually undrivable now. For a car that is 17 years old, I expected more--even if we are in the north. Have had the vehicle for about 2.5 years, and it has been dependable for our daughter, driving to and from college (some 400 miles away), generally requiring just regular maintenance overall. But, the car is virtually junk now because of the frame--with only 126,500 miles on it. Very disappointed. Other issues: a check engine light comes on often (oxygen sensor?), and it has a lot of rust. But the frame is the main issue. If purchasing vehicle used, have a pre-purchase check--especially the frame.

Awesome old Maxima
By Calmadre on 02/13/10 10:22 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought as a lease return. This car currently (2/2010) has 250k miles. Minimum maintenance.I'm religious about 3k oil changes. I LOVE this car. It is going on 16 yrs. and I have no worry's about long distance trips. Nissan is the BEST. I figured I spend about $600. yr in repairs. Can anybody beat that?

Best Car We've Owned
By 3rdNissan on 07/14/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Great interstate cruising car. After 199,000 miles, I'm still getting 24 mpg in mixed driving to and from work, and 29+ mpg on trips. Handling is predictable but not sporty. When I bought four new Michelins at 165,000 miles, the ride became so smooth I decided to keep the car until at least 200,000 miles. This car is worth buying good tires.

Historic 1995 NissanMaximaQX performance
By fnaaijkens on 07/09/09 05:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have purchased one for Hfl 32000, now EUR15000 in 1997. It had had one owner for a year after being in the showroom for a year. Bought it at 69,000 km (40k miles). I have owned it for 12 years, and the only thing to break down was the dashboard clocks. About after every 350,000 km (200,000 mi) So, I have driven it for 1,300,000 km (800,000 mi) at it still drives like a modern 1-year- old car. It is unbelievable. Because I wanted an automatic, I started out with a Primera for 5 months, then got this one when I was 27 year. Now I'm 40 years and still driving it! Amazing.

No one builds them like Japan
By E-Man77 on 05/20/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this baby last month. I paid $2,000 and has spent about $1,500 on repairs. I've replaced the radiator, drive belts, valve cover gaskets, one fuel injector, two ignition coils, and all six spark plugs. All failed parts were originals. Avoid the dealership for repairs because it's extremely expensive. The car drives and handles like a charm. The body is solid and paint still shines. It has power and acceleration that throws you back in your seat. The volume control on radio doesn't work, so it gradually gets louder. A cassette tape is also stuck inside. It's a 5-speed. The original clutch was replaced two years ago. Car has 158,000 miles. Good for at least 150,000 more.

Great Machine
By happy owner on 02/09/09 22:06 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Maxima, I also owned a 1991, which I drove to its death at 250,000 miles. I also own a 2003 with 102,000 miles. This 1995 currently has 175,000. It is a fabulous machine to drive, I had some replacements problems by having to replace alternator, starter, CV axles, a couple of fuel injectors, infamous knock sensor and the coolant temp sensor apart from regular brake, tune up, oil changes. I think the tricky thing is when the one of the fuel injectors starts acting up, the car/computer thinks the knock sensor and the temp sensor is bad, which was not the case with my and actually one of the injector was going bad. Parts are expensive but a reliable car.

Bullet Proof
By N. D. on 02/05/09 16:30 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I put on a lot of highway miles in the first three years. Had to replace the starter twice, new shocks. Did have a problem with sensor brought on by freezing weather in Tahoe. As a consequence, the engine would cut out while accelerating. It cost $75 to replace the sensor. Only problems in 14 years. Replace oil every 3,000 miles from day one. Odometer now shows 300,175 miles. Still accelerates like day one. Very fast car. Hums at 85 mph. Best car I've ever owned. My third Maxima. The other two went to 180,000+. Traded one in and totaled the other in an accident.