Used 1995 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Car and Driver car of the year
By C-Dog

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

A little expensive to replace numerous needed parts as the car ages, but dollar for dollar the 1995 Nissan Maxima is a very good option. Required premium gas is more expensive, but the engine really responds well. Rear wheel wells started to rust after 20 years, but remains somewhat minor. Just rolled over 183,000 miles, and am hoping to get a few more years, while repair costs remain low. Suspension would probably be improved with new struts and springs and ball joints, but car does fine with originals. Drivers seat is quite compressed, but passenger is almost like new. Trunk and back seat are decently roomy for transporting stuff. Great handling in the snow and wet. Rides like butter, on a smooth road when the weather is warm. 20 mpg in city (slow going) and close to 30 mpg on pure highway driving.

Owned it for 19 years
By G.M.

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the GLE when it was 2 years old and had 100,000 miles on it. What a good car if you take care of it. I clay bar and wax it every 6 months. The paint is like new. I do all of the repairs myself, that makes everything a lot less money and is not that hard. I have 221,000 on it now. It did need some repairs like 2 starters, 1 alternator, 6 fuel injectors, valve cover gasket, power steering pump, Idle air Control valve, CV shafts, Bakes, Radiator and a good leather drivers seat from the junk yard. Still driving it and plan on getting another 100,000 out of it.

1995 strong after 20 years
By myedmunds6

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I had my 95 maxima for 4 years. Bought from a dealer at incrredible 65K miles in prestine condition.

This is my 5th datsun-nissan. Just change oil regularly at 5k.
Need to replace consumables. Other than that, no major repair needed. Spends aboout $300 for repair/maint.
On my previous 94 maxima, I drove about 300K+ odometer stopped at 230K. I drove 4 more years until the tranny gave up.
Gas mileage is about 20 mpg on city+highway mix.

Maxima 95
By ev15

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought a Nissan Maxima SE, It's got a 187,000 km's on it and it looks brand new.
it's only had one owner before me, who purchased it brand new in 1995.
I still can't understand how someone could keep a car for 18 years, drive it everyday and still have it in impeccable condition.
it literally doesn't have a scratch on the paint.
I don't think anybody ever sat in the back or in the front passenger seat, even the driver side is 90% of it's original brand new condition.
I don't think anything was ever placed in the trunk and the 18 year old alloy wheels look brand new.
I have truly scored a Gem and I hope to keep it till it dies.
Hats off to Nissan, they made a great car

1995 Nissan Maxima
By john33rr

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1998 and it has 46,000 miles on it.
We drove it until April 2012 when it had 265,000 miles on it.
Very little maintenance on this car.
It would get 34 MPG on the Interstate and around 26 MPG local.
We sold it to a friend and it is still running.
Best car we have ever owned.
Way to go Nissan.
I would have bought another Maxima but they started putting 3.5 liter engines in them.
Bad for gas.