Used 1994 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Awesome car
By kacey

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for just about 4 years now and never had a problem with it. I bought it used and the only thing I had to do was have the cadilic converter cleaned out because I needed and early tuneup. I got the tuneup and have never had the problem again. This car has been the best that I have owned. I had the chance to trade it in and wouldn't. I have come to rely on it as I know it will take me where ever I need it too. Taking it on trips has been a very comfortable experience. We bought a 2002 Olds Alero and my husband has taken my Maxima, (which won't be for long), he loves the car.

It handles better than any vehicle I have owned. I love the seat belt, the comforts. The trunk has more than ample space.

Put the ashtray somewhere you can reach it. I don't have many suggested Improvements. The car in my opinion is the best car out there. You can't even rely on new cars this way. It has been an outstanding vehicle.

115,000 miles and still going
By WillieM96

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The car has never given me a problem in the 7 years I've been driving it. The only thing that needed to be replaced was the exhaust system (rust- $300). The paint still shines like new, the engine is quiet and smooth, mileage is great, transmission still working fine. I now drive about 500 miles a week on trips and the car gives me no reason to believe it won't make the trip. Very happy with it.

The car is 10 years old- I'm happy it starts every time I put the key in.

A great car!
By KT04

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car 4 months now and no major problems on a ten year old car. And with 206,000 That baby still hits 135mph easily. Just like everyone else the window regulator had to be fixed (drivers), and the transmission has its days. Fun to drive, I go almost everyday over my 00 Focus wagon which of course is much slower.

"power" trans button, handling at high speeds,still a challenge to those new V6 engines 135mph!

Nissan should check their V6 trans.Bose system not too much to brag about

I love Maxima's
By jeeph8r

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 Maxima almost a year and a half ago. It's got 94k on it now and it is still a very powerful car. Antenna didn't work when I bought it...cost to fix $300. Other than that no problems at all. It is an awesome car and it is very dependable. I would recommend Maxima's to anyone. I will definitely buy from Nissan again.

The 3.0L V6 engine makes this car a force to contend with.

The cup holders are odd sizes and there aren't enough of them.

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
By DeeJ

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

After test driving the Maxima two years ago, I realized it was the car for me. Dark green with beige leather and every option imaginable, with quality and reliability to match, I'd recommend the Maxima to everyone I know. It's got great acceleration, handling, build quality, and it's fun to drive. No major repairs to note, other than antenna and passenger-side power window.

Interior quality and design. Leather holds up amazingly well (I did have the windows lightly tinted to protect it). V-6 engine makes it feel like a sports car, not a 4 door sedan.

It's kind of noisy at high speeds, and on long trips the driver-side seat is very uncomfortable. Fuel economy in the city also makes it expensive to keep as an around-town car, and automatic transmission acts up occasionally during heavy acceleration.