Used 1994 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
By DeeJ

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

After test driving the Maxima two years ago, I realized it was the car for me. Dark green with beige leather and every option imaginable, with quality and reliability to match, I'd recommend the Maxima to everyone I know. It's got great acceleration, handling, build quality, and it's fun to drive. No major repairs to note, other than antenna and passenger-side power window.

Favorite Features

Interior quality and design. Leather holds up amazingly well (I did have the windows lightly tinted to protect it). V-6 engine makes it feel like a sports car, not a 4 door sedan.

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of noisy at high speeds, and on long trips the driver-side seat is very uncomfortable. Fuel economy in the city also makes it expensive to keep as an around-town car, and automatic transmission acts up occasionally during heavy acceleration.

Excellent Car but not good on gas
By Sunny

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car nearly 3 years back and didn't had any problems so far. Very reliable and solid car. The mileage on my car is about 139,000. The car rides smoothly and the power steering is great. It's really stable over 100 mph. The only drawback is the gas mileage, usually gives me about 17 mpg. Three years ago it was not a problem for me but given the current gas prices, it really pinches my pocket. I was in the process of buying an used but reliable car good on gas, i drove many cars, but none was close to the smooth ride and comfort of maxima. If only the gas mileage were good, I would love to keep this car.

Favorite Features

Power steering, Spacious interior, Mechanical reliabilty.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Power windows regulators cables break frequently, if the power window cables break, the windows go down and wouldn't stay up untill you fix it. Would be great if it stays up when it fails

3rd Maxima Owned
By League2006

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second 1994 Nissan Maxima and I bought it once again do to it's reliability, power and speed. It drives good in the rain with decent to new tires along in the snow. It's pick up is awesome! Basically keep up with the annual 3000 miles oil change and everything will be alright along with it's tune ups.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is: the seat belts, the over drive shift button, the power and comfort buttons, easy steering, and basically how the car looks when it's detailed inside out!

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had a better cup holder that actually works because the ones they have now is a joke. The speakers is a joke as well along with the attena which brakes down and cost a lot to repair. The window regulator brakes down as well.

I love Maxima's
By jeeph8r

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 Maxima almost a year and a half ago. It's got 94k on it now and it is still a very powerful car. Antenna didn't work when I bought it...cost to fix $300. Other than that no problems at all. It is an awesome car and it is very dependable. I would recommend Maxima's to anyone. I will definitely buy from Nissan again.

Favorite Features

The 3.0L V6 engine makes this car a force to contend with.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are odd sizes and there aren't enough of them.

My Maxima
By maxima lover

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I love my maxima. I got it for a great price, half the blue book, and have driven it crazy. I bought it my senior year in high school with 100,000 miles on it and only had minor problems during college (none my dad couldn't fix) I now have 240,000 miles on my maxima and it still drives so wonderfully. I cant get myself to buy another car because they dont match up in driving, features, or anything else! It will capture your heart.