1994 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Ozee Maxima
By ozee on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The auto is is in excellent mechanical shape. All service records from the time of purchase are available for review. The car has high mileage, 194,000, the majority being highway miles. New Michelin tires. Exterior in good condition and the car has never been wrecked. Power steering, air conditioning, power windows, doors & locks are all in working condition(except for rear passenger door window). Automatic transmission. Keypad entry system and drivers side air bag.

What a Great Car
By kathimg on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Other than routine maintenance not much work has had to be done. The only grips I have are about the door locks and the windows. I have one window that is not operational. My driver side door lock doesn't work and hasn't for quite some time. I also had a problem with the passenger and trunk locks but they were able to be saved. Thank god for the keyless entry. I also have had to fix the radio. From my understand, from the person that fixed it, the problem I had with my Bose radio was one that was happening with many of the radios. One last grip, every time I get my front brakes changed they are excessivly noisy which takes a while to go away.

Pretty Good For Five Years
By Matthew777 on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I’ve had My Maxima for 5 years and 100,000 miles. Overall it has been an excellent Value. I’ve replace the timing chain, and the brakes twice, and both struts. At about 150,000 miles it has started to lose a lot of power, but still drives really nice. Smooth on the highway and awesome in the snow. I’ve plowed this baby at 40MPH though 6 inches of unplowed roadway and never lost control. Definitely getting another Nissan. Had some problems with the electrical, no clock LED broke, Cruise Control doesn’t work, one power window doesn’t work, other than that this car has never stranded me, and always starts, runs excellent.

takes a licking...
By karl on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

had this car through college and after, took very poor care of it, and it still runs superbly. Of course I take a lot better care of it now, but it took a good 3-4 years of hard abuse and rarely, if ever, gave me maintenance problems. Extremely durable and a great buy.

Nice, but...
By sja999 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I loved this car the first 5 years I had it. Then, literally 3,000 miles and 2 months after the warranty expired all of the window mechanisms broke and the transmission died. It was amazing. Needless to say, I kept the car because it cost me a fortune to fix, but my next car won't be a Nissan.

The best car I ever had
By annek3 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

My '94 Maxima was probably one of the best cars ever made. It had 174,000 miles when I bought it, and the engine was completely solid. I never had a problem with my Max. I even got into a rather large accident on the freeway where I was hit by a semi and then rammed the metal center divide, and I left without a scratch or sore neck. Even though the car was totalled, it still ran long enough for me to get it to a body shop.

applesauce
By resand on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

It was and Is still very good.But there are some technal probloms.

Maxima - truly excellent value and fun
By Tom Breuer on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

My Maxima is probably the best overall combination of value, practicality, reliability, and fun of any car I've ever had, including a Mercedes, a wonderful VW Beetle, and other good cars. It seems to be the best in its class, and competes fairly well against cars in the next class up, such as a Volvo S80 that I sometimes drive. Zero unscheduled maintenance in over 80,000 miles, which I've never experienced before with any other car.