1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Awesome car
By kacey on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for just about 4 years now and never had a problem with it. I bought it used and the only thing I had to do was have the cadilic converter cleaned out because I needed and early tuneup. I got the tuneup and have never had the problem again. This car has been the best that I have owned. I had the chance to trade it in and wouldn't. I have come to rely on it as I know it will take me where ever I need it too. Taking it on trips has been a very comfortable experience. We bought a 2002 Olds Alero and my husband has taken my Maxima, (which won't be for long), he loves the car.

115,000 miles and still going
By WillieM96 on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

The car has never given me a problem in the 7 years I've been driving it. The only thing that needed to be replaced was the exhaust system (rust- $300). The paint still shines like new, the engine is quiet and smooth, mileage is great, transmission still working fine. I now drive about 500 miles a week on trips and the car gives me no reason to believe it won't make the trip. Very happy with it.

A great car!
By KT04 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car 4 months now and no major problems on a ten year old car. And with 206,000 That baby still hits 135mph easily. Just like everyone else the window regulator had to be fixed (drivers), and the transmission has its days. Fun to drive, I go almost everyday over my 00 Focus wagon which of course is much slower.

I love Maxima's
By jeeph8r on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 Maxima almost a year and a half ago. It's got 94k on it now and it is still a very powerful car. Antenna didn't work when I bought it...cost to fix $300. Other than that no problems at all. It is an awesome car and it is very dependable. I would recommend Maxima's to anyone. I will definitely buy from Nissan again.

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
By DeeJ on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After test driving the Maxima two years ago, I realized it was the car for me. Dark green with beige leather and every option imaginable, with quality and reliability to match, I'd recommend the Maxima to everyone I know. It's got great acceleration, handling, build quality, and it's fun to drive. No major repairs to note, other than antenna and passenger-side power window.

Nice Car for the price
By Fugi on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had the car a little while now. It has all reoccuring problems of the 3rd generation Max. Window regulators, antenna, and transmission slipage. Other than that its a great bang for the buck. The bose system is easily replaced w/better speakers and a CD player. If ya got music and a peppy car what else do you need. The thing tops out at 135mph with 140k miles. That's reliability... Especially w/me beatin it to hell in my college yrs. If you want a car that will take a lickin' and keep tickin', you got a taker

MY Gold 94 Max
By Thedolimite on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

The car was completely load. Even with SOHC 160hp engine this car still rock even with 150,000 miles. The tricks is you have to do the maintenance on the vehicle. If you don’t do anything else change the OIL EVERY 3000 miles and get the engine flushed @ least once a year to get rid of carbon deposit. Also get that timing belt changed between every 60 & 80,000 miles. The dealer recommends you use 87 octane, well, I’ve tried 87 octane and the car just doesn’t act right. Use SUNCO 93 OCTANE. Gas makes a difference. Even with 150,000 miles. I still can reach 130mph.

Tank's Review
By Tank on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Second Nissan Maxima owned - very positive experience.

Reliable, you can't beat it!
By KayG on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 96. It had 23,000 miles on it. It now has 113,000. Have had no major problems with this car. VERY RELIABLE. I have had problems with the power windows. Had to replace motor and regulator on 3 windows. Breaks squeal and no matter what I do to have them fixed..they still squeal. Other than these problems, this car is durable and practical for people who want little or no expensive maintenance problems for a lonnnnnnnnnng time!

Best Car I've Owned
By DallasMax on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased car in 1996 from private owner. Put on 50,000 miles since. Great car. Good blend of sport and luxury. Have repaired electric windows (2). and antenna No other major problems other than common maintenance. Great used car if you can find one with lower miles. Great ride with good power. Styling is not outdated.