Used 1994 Nissan Maxima GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

My Maxima
By maxima lover

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I love my maxima. I got it for a great price, half the blue book, and have driven it crazy. I bought it my senior year in high school with 100,000 miles on it and only had minor problems during college (none my dad couldn't fix) I now have 240,000 miles on my maxima and it still drives so wonderfully. I cant get myself to buy another car because they dont match up in driving, features, or anything else! It will capture your heart.

8 Years later.
By My Gold 94 Max Pt 2

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

After 8 yrs. I finally had to part with this car. Reason the engine was at its end. I bought the car it had 35,000 miles. After 240,000 miles, nearly 200,000 mi I put on myself. This second hand car was great!!! Everything still worked with the proper or minor maintenance. I can't complain to bad it served me well. I had some minor problems, but nothing to second guess me to by another Maxima so I did. I purchased 2002 Max SE 6spd man. The 94 Max interior was a lot quieter less road noise. If anyone finds one that was well taken cared of, jump on it! Great 2nd car for a High/College kid. Read MY Gold 94 Max Date Posted: 02/24/2003

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, AC/Heat.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan of North America(NONA) needs to improve on their cust serv. I had a fuel filler neck corrosion problem. NONA refused to take care of the problem. Well I fought them and one. It was a recall and no matter who has the car and you live in the north east US. Search the net on recal1

3rd Maxima Owned
By League2006

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second 1994 Nissan Maxima and I bought it once again do to it's reliability, power and speed. It drives good in the rain with decent to new tires along in the snow. It's pick up is awesome! Basically keep up with the annual 3000 miles oil change and everything will be alright along with it's tune ups.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is: the seat belts, the over drive shift button, the power and comfort buttons, easy steering, and basically how the car looks when it's detailed inside out!

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had a better cup holder that actually works because the ones they have now is a joke. The speakers is a joke as well along with the attena which brakes down and cost a lot to repair. The window regulator brakes down as well.

A good basic midsize sedan
By AZDave

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Maxima in 1998 with 61,414 miles on it and drove it 16,000 miles over the next four years. Maintenance cost was $1100 including $300 for four new tires. This car ran reliably, without fail, and was enjoyable to drive. One of the better cars I've owned, but not really memorable.

Favorite Features

Plenty of headroom, comfortable seats, decent acceleration and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing comes to mind. The current Maximas are completely different anyhow.

Excellent Car but not good on gas
By Sunny

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car nearly 3 years back and didn't had any problems so far. Very reliable and solid car. The mileage on my car is about 139,000. The car rides smoothly and the power steering is great. It's really stable over 100 mph. The only drawback is the gas mileage, usually gives me about 17 mpg. Three years ago it was not a problem for me but given the current gas prices, it really pinches my pocket. I was in the process of buying an used but reliable car good on gas, i drove many cars, but none was close to the smooth ride and comfort of maxima. If only the gas mileage were good, I would love to keep this car.

Favorite Features

Power steering, Spacious interior, Mechanical reliabilty.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Power windows regulators cables break frequently, if the power window cables break, the windows go down and wouldn't stay up untill you fix it. Would be great if it stays up when it fails