1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
My Maxima
By maxima lover on 08/31/09 16:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I love my maxima. I got it for a great price, half the blue book, and have driven it crazy. I bought it my senior year in high school with 100,000 miles on it and only had minor problems during college (none my dad couldn't fix) I now have 240,000 miles on my maxima and it still drives so wonderfully. I cant get myself to buy another car because they dont match up in driving, features, or anything else! It will capture your heart.

8 Years later.
By My Gold 94 Max Pt 2 on 05/21/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

After 8 yrs. I finally had to part with this car. Reason the engine was at its end. I bought the car it had 35,000 miles. After 240,000 miles, nearly 200,000 mi I put on myself. This second hand car was great!!! Everything still worked with the proper or minor maintenance. I can't complain to bad it served me well. I had some minor problems, but nothing to second guess me to by another Maxima so I did. I purchased 2002 Max SE 6spd man. The 94 Max interior was a lot quieter less road noise. If anyone finds one that was well taken cared of, jump on it! Great 2nd car for a High/College kid. Read MY Gold 94 Max Date Posted: 02/24/2003

3rd Maxima Owned
By League2006 on 04/30/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second 1994 Nissan Maxima and I bought it once again do to it's reliability, power and speed. It drives good in the rain with decent to new tires along in the snow. It's pick up is awesome! Basically keep up with the annual 3000 miles oil change and everything will be alright along with it's tune ups.

A good basic midsize sedan
By AZDave on 09/15/07 15:25 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Maxima in 1998 with 61,414 miles on it and drove it 16,000 miles over the next four years. Maintenance cost was $1100 including $300 for four new tires. This car ran reliably, without fail, and was enjoyable to drive. One of the better cars I've owned, but not really memorable.

The car to run
By Gleno on 05/08/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned three consecutive Maximas over the years: '91, '94, '03. I've not heard of a more consistently reliable and fun to drive vehicle. The ONLY problems I've encountered are fuel injectors which tend to go after 120,000 miles or so. These cars are beyond what you could ask for in reliability. Change the oil, throw in some brake pads when needed, and maybe a muffler over the life of the car, and you won't ever have to worry about anything else.

strong caaaar for a little women
By leon on 08/03/06 06:09 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car for me when I got my first driving license. I was reluctant about driving this strong monster. After getting the hang of it, I just fall in love with this car. I can be sure the power is there whenever I need it. But when it comes to the gas station, my heart just beat a little faster. Hell it drinks gas !

Excellent Car but not good on gas
By Sunny on 03/15/06 08:44 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car nearly 3 years back and didn't had any problems so far. Very reliable and solid car. The mileage on my car is about 139,000. The car rides smoothly and the power steering is great. It's really stable over 100 mph. The only drawback is the gas mileage, usually gives me about 17 mpg. Three years ago it was not a problem for me but given the current gas prices, it really pinches my pocket. I was in the process of buying an used but reliable car good on gas, i drove many cars, but none was close to the smooth ride and comfort of maxima. If only the gas mileage were good, I would love to keep this car.

Excelent Car
By zippnbyu on 01/05/06 15:22 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best cars you can buy for your money. The car drives like a sports car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury car. My personal car has 183,000 miles on it and it still runs like brand new. The maxima is a vehicle all its own.

Great Car
By Frank on 11/17/05 22:14 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is a great vehicle, especially for 1st time drivers. I've had no problems and plan on staying with nissan for a long time

Can't beat it for the money
By David C. on 02/28/05 13:13 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 5.5 years & 100,000 miles of it's life. At 171K the car doesn't leak a drop of fluid and runs like a scared cat. Normal window regulators, antenna & ABS sensor problems. No transmission problems. At 11 years old the car requires service, love and care. However, for the money, I doubt one can beat the performance & reliability. Unbelievable.