Used 1994 Nissan Maxima SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

The car to run
By Gleno

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned three consecutive Maximas over the years: '91, '94, '03. I've not heard of a more consistently reliable and fun to drive vehicle. The ONLY problems I've encountered are fuel injectors which tend to go after 120,000 miles or so. These cars are beyond what you could ask for in reliability. Change the oil, throw in some brake pads when needed, and maybe a muffler over the life of the car, and you won't ever have to worry about anything else.

Favorite Features

I love the looks. I love the pep! Even my '94 pulls off the line with gusto.

Suggested Improvements

My '94 didn't have a cup holder! LOL

strong caaaar for a little women
By leon

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car for me when I got my first driving license. I was reluctant about driving this strong monster. After getting the hang of it, I just fall in love with this car. I can be sure the power is there whenever I need it. But when it comes to the gas station, my heart just beat a little faster. Hell it drinks gas !

Favorite Features

The power and the comfort. The styling is unique.

Suggested Improvements

visibility. any tips for saving on gas milage?

Can't beat it for the money
By David C.

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 5.5 years & 100,000 miles of it's life. At 171K the car doesn't leak a drop of fluid and runs like a scared cat. Normal window regulators, antenna & ABS sensor problems. No transmission problems. At 11 years old the car requires service, love and care. However, for the money, I doubt one can beat the performance & reliability. Unbelievable.

Favorite Features

The power. Can shift at 4,000+ RPM and never tax the engine or transmission. Skirts through traffic like a rabbit on speed. Cruise at 75 mph all day long and get 28+ mpg.

By DeeJ

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

After test driving the Maxima two years ago, I realized it was the car for me. Dark green with beige leather and every option imaginable, with quality and reliability to match, I'd recommend the Maxima to everyone I know. It's got great acceleration, handling, build quality, and it's fun to drive. No major repairs to note, other than antenna and passenger-side power window.

Favorite Features

Interior quality and design. Leather holds up amazingly well (I did have the windows lightly tinted to protect it). V-6 engine makes it feel like a sports car, not a 4 door sedan.

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of noisy at high speeds, and on long trips the driver-side seat is very uncomfortable. Fuel economy in the city also makes it expensive to keep as an around-town car, and automatic transmission acts up occasionally during heavy acceleration.

Nice Car for the price
By Fugi

1994 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've had the car a little while now. It has all reoccuring problems of the 3rd generation Max. Window regulators, antenna, and transmission slipage. Other than that its a great bang for the buck. The bose system is easily replaced w/better speakers and a CD player. If ya got music and a peppy car what else do you need. The thing tops out at 135mph with 140k miles. That's reliability... Especially w/me beatin it to hell in my college yrs. If you want a car that will take a lickin' and keep tickin', you got a taker

Favorite Features

Easy car to fix yourself... except for the tight spaces in the engine

Suggested Improvements

Replace the bose system, fix the predominate problems and you have a great car