Used 1993 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

My Old Girl Just Keeps on Going
By pineapple876

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '93 Maxima from an 84 YO woman. It was 4 years old and only had 17K miles on it. It was the deal of the century. It now has 116,888 and it's just getting broken in. The only major repair I've had was two front axels because the material the boots were made of finally gave out. That was $700. Sure I've had to put a muffler on it -- once. It was 15 years old and the service guys couldn't believe it had the original exhaust system still. I look at new cars from time to time but then I hear all the horror stories from my friends and family about the new cars they've bought. My Old Girl may have a few hail dents, but she out runs most of the new cars hands down.

Favorite Features

It's a small thing - but I love the way you can have cool air on your face while still having heat on the floor. I was so sorry to not see that feature on the '97 Quest we also had.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders. Really, that is the only complaint I have.

Long, Loving Relationship
By atchleyk

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I didn't like this car at first. I wanted something that looked sporty, something new and shiny. Boy was I stupid. This v6 picks up from 0-60 in no time. This car is 20 years old, 170k when I got it, ran amazingly. 180k now, still runs amazingly. Ice cold AC, good heat. The radio went out before I bought it, but those can be replaced. VERY reliable car. I feel like it might last forever if taken car of, which it deserves. It has a slight gas smell at times, however, though I've been told older cars tend to do this. A few nit picky things about the interior. NO CUPHOLDERS. Then again, who needs cupholders when your car picks up fast enough to spill molasses.

Favorite Features

Love the sunroof, love the little turbo button underneath the radio. This little demon allows you to drive up even the steepest inclines as if your on flat ground.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders. No leather seats. The car itself outlives leather by a long shot.

♥I just love my car♥
By lilangelsbuddy

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it at 103k owned by an Older Woman, so it was taken good car of. So far i have only had to replace minor things and now there is something im saving up to replace 300 to replace some noise of it pooping when it accelerates. this car fits my 3 kids, car seat and 2 booster seats its a tight fit but can be done! I use this car delivering pizza my mileage now is like108k but the car is a champ! Nothing else to really say i think.... but its a good investment

Favorite Features

Automatic seat belts (in the front) key less entry, cruise control, OMG~ the air conditioner will freeze you at 1 it gets sooo cold!

Suggested Improvements

Well as i read in others Cup Holders the one ine their you either have an ashtray or u have a cup holder then that either leaves you with soda all over your lap or a cop pulling you over for throwing ur cup out the window or you can try to chug ur drink leaving a little bit left to use as ashtray

True champ!
By minnesotasfinest

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 135,000 on it. It was clean, clean, clean! This car has been extremely reliable! although the stereo went out the car is running great with 180,000 miles on it. I swear this could get well over 200+ The key is regular maintenance on cars I prefer Nissan, and Toyota over all. Had a mercury villager with a Nissan engine and it was great also!

Favorite Features

Used to be the BOSE stereo system till it went out! =(

Suggested Improvements

Roomier inside!

Everlasting Life? Time will only tell.
By A_FITZ

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Mileage recorded 7-8-09 at 233,708 Currently almost 237,000 as of today, 10/20/09 Its got a slight valve ping but that's what happens in older cars I am told. Sometimes you cant hear it though when its heated. But other then that, this car, is without a doubt, reliable. It seems like it might last forever, who knows. It runs like a champ. It runs... like a champ. No other if ands or buts about it. Its a beast for an older car, those 6 cylinders are real nice. Gets me from Point A to Point B and it picks up real quick if I want it to. Love the white gauges. I do agree when people say it was ahead of its time. Simply put, this cars a CHAMP. Runs like a CHAMP, IS a CHAMP.

Favorite Features

-145MPH highest speed on speedometer ((Afraid to take it higher then 125.. thinks a ****in beast.)) -Lots of HorsePOWAH! More POWAH then you need, and love it, and doesn't cost you extremely bad either on gas. -Front Grill with Nissan on it. The front of this car is unique. -Lasts.

Suggested Improvements

-Needs a wing maybe -Sometimes the alarm goes off by itself over and over again at 11. Then again..older car. -Lowered suspension. Just a tad from the factory setting at the least.