Used 1993 Nissan Maxima SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

True champ!
By minnesotasfinest

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 135,000 on it. It was clean, clean, clean! This car has been extremely reliable! although the stereo went out the car is running great with 180,000 miles on it. I swear this could get well over 200+ The key is regular maintenance on cars I prefer Nissan, and Toyota over all. Had a mercury villager with a Nissan engine and it was great also!

Used to be the BOSE stereo system till it went out! =(

Roomier inside!

Everlasting Life? Time will only tell.
By A_FITZ

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Mileage recorded 7-8-09 at 233,708 Currently almost 237,000 as of today, 10/20/09 Its got a slight valve ping but that's what happens in older cars I am told. Sometimes you cant hear it though when its heated. But other then that, this car, is without a doubt, reliable. It seems like it might last forever, who knows. It runs like a champ. It runs... like a champ. No other if ands or buts about it. Its a beast for an older car, those 6 cylinders are real nice. Gets me from Point A to Point B and it picks up real quick if I want it to. Love the white gauges. I do agree when people say it was ahead of its time. Simply put, this cars a CHAMP. Runs like a CHAMP, IS a CHAMP.

-145MPH highest speed on speedometer ((Afraid to take it higher then 125.. thinks a ****in beast.)) -Lots of HorsePOWAH! More POWAH then you need, and love it, and doesn't cost you extremely bad either on gas. -Front Grill with Nissan on it. The front of this car is unique. -Lasts.

-Needs a wing maybe -Sometimes the alarm goes off by itself over and over again at 11. Then again..older car. -Lowered suspension. Just a tad from the factory setting at the least.

Maxima Advice
By GDAWG

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

For having 173,000 miles, I have to say it's been quite a dependable car. I had to have some axle work done on it when I first got it, the previous owner wasn't big on maintenance. I've had it about 5 1/2 yrs now, with no complaints. Don't drive through storm flood waters though, the transmission dip stick is low on the car, and will allow water to get into transmission, this is a problem I'm fighting now.

Make the bucket seats a little wider, feels like your pinned into the seat quite snugly. The headroom is a little low for me, with the sunroof option.

Best 4-Door Sedan in 1993
By Howardpete

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

For a combination of function, form, performance, fuel efficiency, and value there was not a better sedan than the 3rd generation Nissan Maxima. This car is much more fun to drive than my '03 Maxima, and better on gas too I might add. Has never left me stranded, very easy and accessible to work on. The VE30DE engine was prone to VTC failure which is common on '92 - '94 DOHC motors. Was more a noise problem than anything else. But once repaired never gave me any other problems. At a 216K miles it is time to let her go as I need a Mini Van. I wish Nissan was still making this model, I would trade my 5th gen Maxima for it in a heartbeat!

Stick shift, engine growl on acceleration, handling. Body style and lines of the car. V6 that get HWY MPG of 28 still at 200K+

Quieter power locks, manufacture recall on VE30DE VTC sprockets. Better factory stereos.

The Best Nissan Ever!
By NISSAN PEOPLE:)

1993 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Wow, this car blew me away, we got it in 2003 with 100,000 miles on it, and still runs perfect, the air and every thing works! Very sharp car, very fast! Do the maintenance and will run till 300,000 miles guaranteed. Got it for $1,500 in 03 and got into two wrecks. This car is bullet proof. There was more damage on the truck that hit us than there was on this. Very reliable, just the usual things, oil changes etc. The exhaust just rusted off for being so old. My first car by the way, very safe, and powerful. I would say get this vehicle if you can. Very sharp, love the Bose also. Okay on gas but not the best but good for the size of the motor

The Bose, spoiler, moon roof, power windows and locks, very very fast, the size, very safe, and reliable!

None! The best car ever!