1993 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
True champ!
By minnesotasfinest on 05/30/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 135,000 on it. It was clean, clean, clean! This car has been extremely reliable! although the stereo went out the car is running great with 180,000 miles on it. I swear this could get well over 200+ The key is regular maintenance on cars I prefer Nissan, and Toyota over all. Had a mercury villager with a Nissan engine and it was great also!

Everlasting Life? Time will only tell.
By A_FITZ on 10/20/09 02:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Mileage recorded 7-8-09 at 233,708 Currently almost 237,000 as of today, 10/20/09 Its got a slight valve ping but that's what happens in older cars I am told. Sometimes you cant hear it though when its heated. But other then that, this car, is without a doubt, reliable. It seems like it might last forever, who knows. It runs like a champ. It runs... like a champ. No other if ands or buts about it. Its a beast for an older car, those 6 cylinders are real nice. Gets me from Point A to Point B and it picks up real quick if I want it to. Love the white gauges. I do agree when people say it was ahead of its time. Simply put, this cars a CHAMP. Runs like a CHAMP, IS a CHAMP.

Maxima Advice
By GDAWG on 01/26/09 10:17 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

For having 173,000 miles, I have to say it's been quite a dependable car. I had to have some axle work done on it when I first got it, the previous owner wasn't big on maintenance. I've had it about 5 1/2 yrs now, with no complaints. Don't drive through storm flood waters though, the transmission dip stick is low on the car, and will allow water to get into transmission, this is a problem I'm fighting now.

Best 4-Door Sedan in 1993
By Howardpete on 10/16/08 00:02 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

For a combination of function, form, performance, fuel efficiency, and value there was not a better sedan than the 3rd generation Nissan Maxima. This car is much more fun to drive than my '03 Maxima, and better on gas too I might add. Has never left me stranded, very easy and accessible to work on. The VE30DE engine was prone to VTC failure which is common on '92 - '94 DOHC motors. Was more a noise problem than anything else. But once repaired never gave me any other problems. At a 216K miles it is time to let her go as I need a Mini Van. I wish Nissan was still making this model, I would trade my 5th gen Maxima for it in a heartbeat!

The Best Nissan Ever!
By NISSAN PEOPLE:) on 08/19/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Wow, this car blew me away, we got it in 2003 with 100,000 miles on it, and still runs perfect, the air and every thing works! Very sharp car, very fast! Do the maintenance and will run till 300,000 miles guaranteed. Got it for $1,500 in 03 and got into two wrecks. This car is bullet proof. There was more damage on the truck that hit us than there was on this. Very reliable, just the usual things, oil changes etc. The exhaust just rusted off for being so old. My first car by the way, very safe, and powerful. I would say get this vehicle if you can. Very sharp, love the Bose also. Okay on gas but not the best but good for the size of the motor

One Owner Car
By earl7pearl on 06/01/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

The 114,000 miles are all mine except for 1,200 the dealer put on it. It has been garaged nightly and has been serviced every 4,000 to 4,500 miles. The 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 services were all performed on schedule. Every year in the Fall - after washing, a paint protection by Nissan has been applied and the surface remains like new. We were retired adults when we bought the car - the interior is undamaged in any way.

Over 194K Miles and Still Going
By Omar on 02/18/06 23:28 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This was my first car out of college. I bought used with 30K miles and 11 years later now have 194K. Why am I writing a review now? Because I've finally started to look for another car and as I've been reading over reviews on Edmunds - am amazed at the problems reported on the new vehicles out there (Acura TL, Infiniti G35/I35, and New Maximas).

1993 Nissan Maxima SE
By Matthew Davis on 12/08/04 16:45 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've driven my Red 1993 Nissan Maxima SE for over five years and have never had a problem with it. There couldn't be a better car for a college student out there. It is very reliable, has a great interior, and the best engine out there. I'm going to drive Maximas for the rest of my life.

Great Car!
By Fan o' Max on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is a really nice family sedan to have and drive. The SE engine feels powerful and the handling is pretty precise, although there's more softness and roll than in a true sports sedan, and no exhaust tune to mention. It has a comfortable & spacious interior, good headroom even with the sunroof. I get about 24 mpg overall (17-33 max range). I've had occasional engine problems, perhaps because Max is underdriven: mostly around town and for family outings. (Reason there's also brake dust on its alloy wheels.) The lovely (aluminum?) sheet metal is thin and dings easily, but still no body rust. I had to replace one of the Bose speakers twice.

Fantastic All Around!
By Venganz on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car! Not only does it have four doors, but it drives like a sports car!