1993 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
My Old Girl Just Keeps on Going
By pineapple876 on 09/02/14 21:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '93 Maxima from an 84 YO woman. It was 4 years old and only had 17K miles on it. It was the deal of the century. It now has 116,888 and it's just getting broken in. The only major repair I've had was two front axels because the material the boots were made of finally gave out. That was $700. Sure I've had to put a muffler on it -- once. It was 15 years old and the service guys couldn't believe it had the original exhaust system still. I look at new cars from time to time but then I hear all the horror stories from my friends and family about the new cars they've bought. My Old Girl may have a few hail dents, but she out runs most of the new cars hands down.

Long, Loving Relationship
By atchleyk on 07/14/14 14:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I didn't like this car at first. I wanted something that looked sporty, something new and shiny. Boy was I stupid. This v6 picks up from 0-60 in no time. This car is 20 years old, 170k when I got it, ran amazingly. 180k now, still runs amazingly. Ice cold AC, good heat. The radio went out before I bought it, but those can be replaced. VERY reliable car. I feel like it might last forever if taken car of, which it deserves. It has a slight gas smell at times, however, though I've been told older cars tend to do this. A few nit picky things about the interior. NO CUPHOLDERS. Then again, who needs cupholders when your car picks up fast enough to spill molasses.

♥I just love my car♥
By lilangelsbuddy on 05/17/11 03:18 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it at 103k owned by an Older Woman, so it was taken good car of. So far i have only had to replace minor things and now there is something im saving up to replace 300 to replace some noise of it pooping when it accelerates. this car fits my 3 kids, car seat and 2 booster seats its a tight fit but can be done! I use this car delivering pizza my mileage now is like108k but the car is a champ! Nothing else to really say i think.... but its a good investment

Fantastic car, I will miss it!
By fkktrow on 06/20/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 1997 with 24K miles on it. Had it for 12 years! Drove it to 275K until the tranny finally went out. Best car I have ever owned. Would recommend a Maxima to anyone. I am currently looking for a newer model that hopefully I will get another 10 years out of. No major problems, just regular maintenance. Fun to drive, looked great, still had umph at 15 years old! Performed better than I do! However, the rust issue was a lot to deal with. Luckily, Nissan fixed this issue in 1997 with new runners. We are sad to see it go to the junk yard, we will miss it!

Miss it dearly
By rizuwadokudeska9 on 05/19/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car far supassed my expectations when I bought it. It came with 85,000 miles on and and ran like new, and over 19 months I put 30,000 miles on it. Fun to drive, very smooth ride even at 90+ mph. Using premium gas the car reached 32 mpg with 3 people and luggage inside. It drives me crazy that I totaled it. Currently looking for another Maxima

Can a 13 year old car still compete?
By Nissan lover on 10/11/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Back in the early 90s, there was no Acura Brand, no Lexus and no Infiniti. You wanted luxury, you either bought a Maxima, or you bought a Cadillac. Show me any American made car on the road that can run as well as 13 year old Maxima? Very high design for basically a 1989 design: independant rear suspension, overhead CAM engines, coil on wire ignition (SE model), variable valve timing (SE) model, and very handsome. These design elements from a 1989 design are still new elements! Compare this to cars from early 90s and show me cars from that generation that had all these elements? Very few can say that. This was what we prize in 2007, never mind in 1989-1994!! Very ahead of its time.

I love this car
By richie on 03/11/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car. have 107,000 mi and no major problems. Just changed the front struts and all belts. Standard stuff

Eveready Bunny of -a-car!
By bobsled on 11/15/06 19:59 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 182K on it. Just clicked on 355,555. Runs like the day I got it, 24-33mpg on regular gas. This is the SOHC engine(about 160 HP)but can still run with 75 MPH traffic on the interstates.Nissan got it right with this V6,just keeps going & going & going.A broken timing belt might be the only thing that can stop this engine's running. But the auto transmission is its "weak" spot. Had the dealership flush the tranny and it "broke" in less than 1K mi. Rebuilt..broke, 2nd rebill..broke,3rd rebill(still going@going).DO NOT FLUSH these high mileage cars (just drain and refill) Add a transmission cooler.Sure you will have the parts that can't last forever (waterpump, alternator, fuelpump) but it keeps going @

as expected
By big red on 10/24/05 16:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

nissan never fails to give what is expected. Same things work as well as they always have, same problems too. this is the third 90's nissan i have owned "92 sentra, 92 pathfinder, and this 93 maxima". In my opinion the 3.0 liter is the best v-6 ever built. The only have had two problems we have had was the fuel line connection to the injectors came loose, simple mechanics fix. the other which happened to the pathfinder to was the window motor cable broke. the fit and finish of all panels in and out is exellent! would recomend this for a good dailey driver or school car

'93 workhorse
By TP on 06/17/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought car in 95 with 50,000k on it, had to change CV boots and exhaust at 100,000K. Power Lock is not working on passenger side and window fell in door once. Other than that it has been an exceptional car and we have no intention of selling it any time soon, even though it is 13 years old, it is still a great car.