1993 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
♥I just love my car♥
By lilangelsbuddy on 05/17/11 03:18 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it at 103k owned by an Older Woman, so it was taken good car of. So far i have only had to replace minor things and now there is something im saving up to replace 300 to replace some noise of it pooping when it accelerates. this car fits my 3 kids, car seat and 2 booster seats its a tight fit but can be done! I use this car delivering pizza my mileage now is like108k but the car is a champ! Nothing else to really say i think.... but its a good investment

True champ!
By minnesotasfinest on 05/30/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 135,000 on it. It was clean, clean, clean! This car has been extremely reliable! although the stereo went out the car is running great with 180,000 miles on it. I swear this could get well over 200+ The key is regular maintenance on cars I prefer Nissan, and Toyota over all. Had a mercury villager with a Nissan engine and it was great also!

Everlasting Life? Time will only tell.
By A_FITZ on 10/20/09 02:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Mileage recorded 7-8-09 at 233,708 Currently almost 237,000 as of today, 10/20/09 Its got a slight valve ping but that's what happens in older cars I am told. Sometimes you cant hear it though when its heated. But other then that, this car, is without a doubt, reliable. It seems like it might last forever, who knows. It runs like a champ. It runs... like a champ. No other if ands or buts about it. Its a beast for an older car, those 6 cylinders are real nice. Gets me from Point A to Point B and it picks up real quick if I want it to. Love the white gauges. I do agree when people say it was ahead of its time. Simply put, this cars a CHAMP. Runs like a CHAMP, IS a CHAMP.

Maxima Advice
By GDAWG on 01/26/09 10:17 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

For having 173,000 miles, I have to say it's been quite a dependable car. I had to have some axle work done on it when I first got it, the previous owner wasn't big on maintenance. I've had it about 5 1/2 yrs now, with no complaints. Don't drive through storm flood waters though, the transmission dip stick is low on the car, and will allow water to get into transmission, this is a problem I'm fighting now.

Best 4-Door Sedan in 1993
By Howardpete on 10/16/08 00:02 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

For a combination of function, form, performance, fuel efficiency, and value there was not a better sedan than the 3rd generation Nissan Maxima. This car is much more fun to drive than my '03 Maxima, and better on gas too I might add. Has never left me stranded, very easy and accessible to work on. The VE30DE engine was prone to VTC failure which is common on '92 - '94 DOHC motors. Was more a noise problem than anything else. But once repaired never gave me any other problems. At a 216K miles it is time to let her go as I need a Mini Van. I wish Nissan was still making this model, I would trade my 5th gen Maxima for it in a heartbeat!

The Best Nissan Ever!
By NISSAN PEOPLE:) on 08/19/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Wow, this car blew me away, we got it in 2003 with 100,000 miles on it, and still runs perfect, the air and every thing works! Very sharp car, very fast! Do the maintenance and will run till 300,000 miles guaranteed. Got it for $1,500 in 03 and got into two wrecks. This car is bullet proof. There was more damage on the truck that hit us than there was on this. Very reliable, just the usual things, oil changes etc. The exhaust just rusted off for being so old. My first car by the way, very safe, and powerful. I would say get this vehicle if you can. Very sharp, love the Bose also. Okay on gas but not the best but good for the size of the motor

Fantastic car, I will miss it!
By fkktrow on 06/20/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 1997 with 24K miles on it. Had it for 12 years! Drove it to 275K until the tranny finally went out. Best car I have ever owned. Would recommend a Maxima to anyone. I am currently looking for a newer model that hopefully I will get another 10 years out of. No major problems, just regular maintenance. Fun to drive, looked great, still had umph at 15 years old! Performed better than I do! However, the rust issue was a lot to deal with. Luckily, Nissan fixed this issue in 1997 with new runners. We are sad to see it go to the junk yard, we will miss it!

Miss it dearly
By rizuwadokudeska9 on 05/19/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car far supassed my expectations when I bought it. It came with 85,000 miles on and and ran like new, and over 19 months I put 30,000 miles on it. Fun to drive, very smooth ride even at 90+ mph. Using premium gas the car reached 32 mpg with 3 people and luggage inside. It drives me crazy that I totaled it. Currently looking for another Maxima

Can a 13 year old car still compete?
By Nissan lover on 10/11/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Back in the early 90s, there was no Acura Brand, no Lexus and no Infiniti. You wanted luxury, you either bought a Maxima, or you bought a Cadillac. Show me any American made car on the road that can run as well as 13 year old Maxima? Very high design for basically a 1989 design: independant rear suspension, overhead CAM engines, coil on wire ignition (SE model), variable valve timing (SE) model, and very handsome. These design elements from a 1989 design are still new elements! Compare this to cars from early 90s and show me cars from that generation that had all these elements? Very few can say that. This was what we prize in 2007, never mind in 1989-1994!! Very ahead of its time.

I love this car
By richie on 03/11/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car. have 107,000 mi and no major problems. Just changed the front struts and all belts. Standard stuff

1 2 3 4 5 next »