1992 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Trusty Maxima SE
By Maxima Ownwer on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been absolutely fabulous. I expect it to go for another 100,000 miles. At 128,000 miles it still has a lot of power and will give most of the newer cars a run for their money. The only thing I do not like is the seat belt system. This is now history on newer Nissan’s. I will probably buy another one if I can ever part with my current SE.

SolidPerformer
By ecintron on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I got lucky and found this gem in a lot with little mileage on it. I am very strict with maintenance but have to say that I think this car would run well under any condition. I cannot say enough about how smoothe this car is and how relable it has proven itself. It now has 180K miles on it and I wouldn't think twice about driving it across the country.

Best Car I have owned.
By fredab62 on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Since 1992 I have never had a problem other than the daytime running lights {Canada Only} But aside from this all is fantastic. 10 years after the car looks awesome with 2 coats of wax per year!

92 Nissan SE
By flyhalf on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned by Maxima SE for almost 10 years. It is a fun, performance-oriented car, and extremely reliable. It has a large trunk and comfortable back seat for adults too. The Bose stereo is one of the best sounding stock systems I have heard.

A great car for anyone!
By Blackie's Owner on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

From the get go he got named Blackie. It has been a great car. We have 220K miles that have been for the most part repair and maintenance free! Only thing that was an out of the ordinary repair was for the manifold cover because of warping. We have replaced the CV axels but that was not until 200K. It gets regular oil changes but other than that has not had any regular maintenance. If it was worn out it got replaced and that's about it! The window regulators are the biggest downfall on this car we have had problems with all of them except the drivers. In all tho we have enjoyed this car!

Awesome Car....
By JOHN5271 on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '92 SE in 1998 with only 35,000 miles. I have had it for four years now and it only has 71,100 miles on it now. I LOVE this car. It hauls major ass for a sedan (I have the SE-V6 w/ the DOHC 190+ hp)and handles like a sports car. The only major repair was I had to have the ECU (emissions control unit) replaced @ 45,000 miles and Nissan paid for it! Other than that I have had no other problems. Most of my driving is on the highway and this vehicle is a dream @ 85 mph.

Fun, comfortable, reliable, fairly nice
By MessiahXI on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I really have nothing to complain about with this car. I inherited this car when I was 16. And I drove it HARD. I was totally wreckless at times. Suffice to say, this car has not been babied. Yet, I'm 23 now and the car has 160K miles and she's still going strong. It has needed a fair share of semi-routine work, but nothing too serious. The brakes dust incessantly (though they have saved my ass many times), and it goes through AC belts like crazy, but hey, she's been very very good to me. I very nearly went out and purchased a brand new Acura, but ultimately realized that the old faithful Maxima probably has more life left in it and it's paid for!

Nissan Super Maxima
By mEmE on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

My experince has been very postive overall. I would recommend this veicle to anyone who wants slightly above average transportation.

I loved it so much I named it
By jlinard on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Darlene. That's her name. I haven't had any "real" problems with the car, other than a VTC overhaul AND replacement. NOTE to consumer, REPLACE the VTC, do not overhaul it! I do quite a bit of routine maintenance, including taking her in for any cling or clack--and it's paying off because she runs like a dream. The suspension and shocks could probably be better at 130K, as she is a bit of a rough ride, and like some of the other feedback, the stereo went at 90K. I want to get 250K out of her, so if anyone is around that mark, I'd love to hear your story

Nissan Did it Right
By ToxDoc on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just said farewell to my 1992 Maxima SE with 320,000 miles. It is still a bueatiful car on the outside, but a little under-powered these days. Except as noted in "improvements", I never had to give my SE anything but oil, brakes, cv boots, gas and a new stereo (came with a cheap Clarion disguised with a Bose name plate). Otherwise, an awesome car with awesome engineering. Nice job Nissan!