1992 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
old faithful
By beamer05 on 11/28/04 16:19 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been in my family for 11 years & it's been great! My mom has put a/b 100 miles a day for the past 3 years. Not too much work, had to replace brakes & engine. Cute little car. Looking at the 2004 model for my mom's new car. i'm 16 & its gonna be my first car- GREAT first car! We've put 272,000 miles on it & its going strong. Hopefully it will last a few more years or at least to 300000 miles!

Is it expensive to keep as a used car?
By dudi on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought it in August 2000. Changed timing belt and water pump and tires right away. Door window stopped working. Changed wires and exhoustion system. Changed 4 injectors. Changed alternator and battery(2times). Changed wiper motor. Cassete stopped working. Going to change CV joint boots, ball joints, strats, actually almost all suspension system. Do not know what is next. Cost of repair in 4 years is about $5250. Right now 160,000miles. 131,000 miles when bought. It rusts a lot. If I have money, I will buy a new car, toyota maybe.

Good car but...
By ClarkYoung on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 9 years and finally selling. It's been overall a good used car. The engine is very strong and reliable. The only complaint I have concerns the brakes. This car goes through brakes every 30k miles and you need to settle for Nissan factory brakes that cost $700.00. After market brakes from other companies don't last as long. Recently had some sporadic electrical problems, which is impossible to detect - I simply replace the fuse. Otherwise it has been a good car (145k miles).

Great for '92, but d/n age gracefully
By monobl on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Owned since new. Solid driver w/ good HP readily available; minimal to mild torque steer. Compliant ride w/ reasonable handling for a FWD. Fuel economy acceptable. Sometimes balky autotranny when cold. Clean, well- designed interior. Weakest area has been cabin electronics (Bose stereo, clock, window lifts, rear-window defroster), and engine electronics (notably the coils and ECM). Defective VTC sprockets. No fold-down rear seat, intrusive trunk hinges. Prehistoric cup holders. Surprisingly rattle-free after all these years.

my car
By naesmom on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

great car , economical , reliable and an all around car

250k ++ miles!!!
By Servebot on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I had the manual trans SE V6, and yes I put over 250k miles on this machine, until it crapped out on me! Good styling for a '92. I loved impressing my friends with how fast this thing could accelerate. Also i got a top speed of 135! (On an enclosed racetrack of course...) I've seen quite a few of these cars suped up, and I can only imagine how fast they were.

Maximized
By WilliBoy on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 SE from a Private party in Houston, Texas. It is White on Gray with 5 Spd Manual. I have put approximately 30K Mi. on this car and it runs just like a Jewel. When I drove it from Houston to Los Angeles it can keep up with the flow of traffic @ 85 MPH with no hesitation. I would recommed this car to anybody in the market for a reliable used car.

save a lot
By jeff9818 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

overall is a perfect commute car. now is 160k and still run like a champ.

One smooth car
By Alonzo's Max Review on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car new in 1992.. The car has been a joy to own and drive. Car currently has 160k on it and it still running the original clutch. At 100k I had both VTC sprokets replaced (1500).. That was the most expensive problem to date. Then after 152k miles the klacking started again. I shunted the VTC solenoids, and the car runs as smooth as ever (without the valve timing though). The alternator finally went out this year (2003).. Overall, I recommend this car for someone that wants a nice sedan that is durable versatile and reliable.. I can't bring myself to sell it..

A fun car to own
By DJ Men on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car! 220,000 and original engine and transmission. Routine maintenance done every 3000 miles. I'll buy another maxima in a heart beat.