Two 1991 Nissan Maximas-both winners
By Roushfan5 on
1991 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
We have owned two 1991 Nissan Maximas, one was a 5 speed other then that the exact same car down to the color. I am reviewing the automatic one because I never got to drive the 5 speed one my father bought with 100,000 already on the odometer. We got it to 220,000 before my sister traded it in, and only then was the engine starting to show signs of wear-burning oil. Now we own an automatic, we have no idea of the actual mileage because the odometer doesn't count the miles to well, but at least 150,000est. The car is SOILD. I can not tell you how well this car performs. Of course it makes creeks and noises. But the car is 19 years old and still so awesome to drive. Plan to restore it ASAP.
Favorite Features
Strong and very quick 3.0L V6, great breaks and steering. Economical see up to 30MPG highway. Great looking. Comfort. Decently large trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Been told of automatic transmission problems, but the car still shifts strong still and seems fine. Dash clock seems to be the only problem universally among the early 90's Nissan Sedans. However if this car had cup holders it be perfect. Bose system is crackling but its 20 years old.