1991 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: My old 91 Maxima

1991 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

My old 91 Maxima
By james r on

1991 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

The transmisson shoul have a real filter to change instead of a wire screen screen. The transmission then should go 200,000 miles before needing to be rebuilt. I will buy another Nissan Maxima or an altima v6. It has been the lowest in maintenance and fewest repairs of any car I have owned ie I like good fuel economy/performance/comfort and extremely low maintenance and that is what the Nissan Maxima delivers. I am extremely happy. I own a 99LS400 which has extremely low maintenance and better fuel economy than the Maxima 26.9mpg/hwy and 20.3a city. The Maxima does sllightly better in city 21.5 average/city and 24-26 mpg/hwy.ie hwy. 75-85 mph average.

The style and lines still looks good engine is excellent ie good fuel economy,the transmission shifts as almost as smooth as my LS400 and has more than adequate power for a 91 v6 165HP!!! ie HAPPY CAMPER.

The transmission should have a drain plug for the torque converter and a proper filter that would extend the life of the trans. Other than that nothing Oh yeah the buttons for the window are in an awkward position.