1991 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great Choice!
By Trevor on 04/14/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

What a great car! Mine's got over 130k and it still drives like new. Solid feeling, no rattles, comfortable and a sturdy motor. This car has lots of leg and head room for taller folks. (It's the first vehicle I've owned that I didn't need the seat all the way back.) Quiet and comfy on the highway. I can see this vehicle going at least another 100k miles.

A 1991 Mini-max Story...
By juhiesman on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

what hout for broken exhuast manifold bolts. I read they always break and to fix this minor issue is like $300 bucks..Also, automatics like to act up when shifting and may require a new electronic shift sensor ($175)...Besides that, these car run the distance.

great car
By surfman21 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

i bought my gxe at 118k, and it still runs great. it is fast off the line, and comfortable at highway speeds. had to replace cv joints, front brakes, and timing belt at 123k. the engine gets rather loud sometimes, but hey thats what the bose stereo is for right? this is a great starter car for any teenager out there because its fast and reliable.

OUCH.....
By hotwiley1 on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Good car....bought with 168,000 miles on. Only problem other that replacing complete front and rear brake system was that at 182,000 miles.... the crankshaft head snapped off! This may have been caused by a loose drive belt pully, spinning at different speed than crankshaft. Just a word of caution to all Maxima owners....check the torque on your pully bolt often and have a mechanic apply locktite as needed to make sure you avoid this costly problem. Next Maxima, I will make sure I know who replaced the timing belt and if they know what they are doing!!!!