1990 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: A 19 yr old car that won't die

1990 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A 19 yr old car that won't die!
By Nick on

1990 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I own a 1989 GXE with ALL factory options (digital speedometer, heads-up display, sunroof, leather, etc). I bought it in 1999 with 116,000 miles for $1,500. It's now 2008 and I'm still driving it. I've "invested" $5-6k total on it the past 8 years. It now has 280,000 miles on it. I've only had usual wear and tear maintenance done on it (seals, belts, brakes, hoses, a radiator, tires, bushings, etc). I've overheated it (briefly) 3 times and it still runs near perfect. The engine sounds a little "tired" but I still pull away from everyone at traffic lights at only 2,300rpm! On the highway it's smooth as can be. 125mph top speed. This is a car that was built to last.

Digital speedometer, head-up display, leather and a stylish body all for $75-80/month on average with all the repair/maintenance costs over the years! Who can complain!

Whoever thought automatic seat belts instead of airbags was cool was an idiot. Who ever thought removing cup holders to cut costs was a moron.