Will Never Sell
By George on
1990 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
Bought in 98 with 123,00 miles. Drove it (and LOVED it) for 30,000 more with just routine maintenance. Had to get a more "mainstream" looking car for work (boss said the window tint made it look too "gangster" for my position, heh). Anyway, this car sat unused in my yard for 5 years: I just could not bring myself to sell it despite numerous offers. Also, could not afford to keep multiple cars tagged and insured, so it just sat, neglected. I have just spent $900 to bring it back to life (battery, filters, sparks,tires etc.) and now remember why I could not part with it. This car is just so much fun to drive! Everything working great except stereo, clock and windows. 21 year old engine! LOVE IT!
Favorite Features
Engine is amazing! Fast and handles well. Durable as hell! Pressure washed it today and it looks practically brand new after removing years of tree sap, bird poop etc. Heads up, do NOT pressure wash the striping: they are decals and will wash off. The dashboard look is the best ever. SUNROOF!
Suggested Improvements
ALL Nissan maxima's in this generation absolutely STINK as far as power window failures! They ALL fail after 100k-ish miles from what I can tell. Also, if the Bose stereo goes, it is a nightmare to replace/repair. Clock is dead. Of the 8 cars I have owned, THIS is the one I will NEVER sell!