Best car I ever bought
By japanesecarfan on
1990 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan
I bought this car back in 2001 for $1500. It had 123000 miles in it. The interior and exterior were both in excellent condition. I had to do minimal maintenance to get the car up to par. Throughout the 12 years I owned it I did just regular maintenance. Tires tune up brakes fluid changes ect. Not until I got to around 200,000 miles did major repairs needed I replaced the automatic transmission with a used one and then replaced all the fuel injectors (only needed 2). This car has been a godsend It still drives just as good as the day I bought it even better with the new injectors. Has plenty of power handles well and it's still easy on the eyes.
Favorite Features
I love the leg and head room of this car. I'm 6 foot and its nice and comfortable for long trips. It's quite on the highway with a nice set of tires and can cruise at 90mpg. Simple dash cluster sturdy design. Well built car.
Suggested Improvements
The only reason I sold this car because of gas prices going up. It's not the most fuel efficient on the road. Otherwise I would have drove it into the ground if I could. I sold it with 229000 miles and it was still in perfect running condition. Did an emissions test right before I sold it and it was actually burning cleaner than the day I bought it 12 earlier.