Used 2014 Nissan Leaf Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Leaf Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:

Two Years -- No Gas
By hizonr

2014 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have had my 2014 Leaf SV for two years and have put 11,780 miles on it. My wife is the primary driver and "loves it." We easily beat EPA ratings spring to fall; mileage drops off in the winter. We usually drive in the "ECO" mode, which provides adequate acceleration for local driving. The car is roomy and comfortable with good visibility all around. It handles well and has a very short turning radius. We charge it overnight on 110 voltage. We didn't get leather, because we didn't want a black interior in South Carolina. I wish it had memory seats and light leather. The physical finish and quality of the car are more like a $22,000 car than a $32,000 car. That is its only drawback. I recently took it in for its two-year battery check. While there, the intelligent brake control was reprogrammed under a recall. Now the car doesn't always decelerate when I take my foot off the accelerator, even when in the "B" setting. I will be contacting the dealer about this issue.

Amazing city car
By princewampire

2014 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Everything about this car impressed me except for the difference in highway mileage range and the city range. Unlike the gasoline cars, this one gives you very good city range but in freeways it consumes power 1.5 times more than average, so if you wanna take the freeway for a far distance, don`t rely too much on the "Range Estimation" that car gives you.

Very comfortable, excellent value, high tech everything, good stereo, fun to drive, quiet cabin, smooth steering wheel and many more...

The mileage range would be perfect if it gives you an actual 100+ range for a full charge. The level 2 charge should be improved to take less time. Parking sensors should be added. the reverse drive loud beep is really unnecessary and annoying.

Not for cold climes or if you plan on ever moving
By Richard Newcomer

2014 Nissan Leaf Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

It is tough admitting to a mistake, but the Leaf in IL may have been one.
I say "may" because the lease payment vs. my Avalanche is so much less, that it will still probably pay off my solar panels with the difference, but I probably should have held out for a Volt to be available locally.

What don't I like about the Leaf?
It's COLD. I call it my carcicle
The stereo is not good enough for music (does fine with audio books)
The battery life in the winter stinks, and no one told me it would be this bad...real world: ~75 miles/charge in warm weather; ~45 miles/charge in the winter...and it's freezing in the car!
I can't move farther than 75 miles from where I live now without towing

What do I like about the Leaf? - I Looove the guilt free (via the solar) acceleration - The interior is nice and roomy (marked down above due to coooooold - I love that "gassing up" consists of two steps to the front of my car, plugging in and walking away - I like that it is probably cheaper to drive (jury is out due to winter battery life...haven't compiled a year of stats)

Gas engine backup for range and heat