2014 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Leaf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:

Amazing city car
By princewampire

2014 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Everything about this car impressed me except for the difference in highway mileage range and the city range. Unlike the gasoline cars, this one gives you very good city range but in freeways it consumes power 1.5 times more than average, so if you wanna take the freeway for a far distance, don`t rely too much on the "Range Estimation" that car gives you.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, excellent value, high tech everything, good stereo, fun to drive, quiet cabin, smooth steering wheel and many more...

Suggested Improvements

The mileage range would be perfect if it gives you an actual 100+ range for a full charge. The level 2 charge should be improved to take less time. Parking sensors should be added. the reverse drive loud beep is really unnecessary and annoying.

Not for cold climes or if you plan on ever moving
By Richard Newcomer

2014 Nissan Leaf S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

It is tough admitting to a mistake, but the Leaf in IL may have been one. I say "may" because the lease payment vs. my Avalanche is so much less, that it will still probably pay off my solar panels with the difference, but I probably should have held out for a Volt to be available locally. What don't I like about the Leaf? It's COLD. I call it my carcicle The stereo is not good enough for music (does fine with audio books) The battery life in the winter stinks, and no one told me it would be this bad...real world: ~75 miles/charge in warm weather; ~45 miles/charge in the winter...and it's freezing in the car! I can't move farther than 75 miles from where I live now without towing

Favorite Features

What do I like about the Leaf? - I Looove the guilt free (via the solar) acceleration - The interior is nice and roomy (marked down above due to coooooold - I love that "gassing up" consists of two steps to the front of my car, plugging in and walking away - I like that it is probably cheaper to drive (jury is out due to winter battery life...haven't compiled a year of stats)

Suggested Improvements

Gas engine backup for range and heat