2014 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Leaf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:

One year of gas-free driving
By hizonr

2014 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have had my 2014 Leaf SV for one year and have put 5,780 miles on it. My wife is the primary driver and "loves it." We easily beat EPA ratings spring to fall; mileage drops off in the winter. We usually drive in the "ECO" mode, which provides adequate acceleration for local driving. The car is roomy and comfortable with good visibility all around. It handles well and has a very short turning radius. We charge it overnight on 110 voltage. We didn't get leather, because we didn't want a black interior in South Carolina. I wish it had memory seats and light leather. I rated it lowest on build quality because it may be developing some rattles. The doors close with a slam.

Fuel economy; height-adjustable driver's seat; visibility.

Memory seats; light leather upholstery; better build quality.

Amazing city car
By princewampire

2014 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Everything about this car impressed me except for the difference in highway mileage range and the city range. Unlike the gasoline cars, this one gives you very good city range but in freeways it consumes power 1.5 times more than average, so if you wanna take the freeway for a far distance, don`t rely too much on the "Range Estimation" that car gives you.

Very comfortable, excellent value, high tech everything, good stereo, fun to drive, quiet cabin, smooth steering wheel and many more...

The mileage range would be perfect if it gives you an actual 100+ range for a full charge. The level 2 charge should be improved to take less time. Parking sensors should be added. the reverse drive loud beep is really unnecessary and annoying.

Not for cold climes or if you plan on ever moving
By Richard Newcomer

2014 Nissan Leaf S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

It is tough admitting to a mistake, but the Leaf in IL may have been one. I say "may" because the lease payment vs. my Avalanche is so much less, that it will still probably pay off my solar panels with the difference, but I probably should have held out for a Volt to be available locally. What don't I like about the Leaf? It's COLD. I call it my carcicle The stereo is not good enough for music (does fine with audio books) The battery life in the winter stinks, and no one told me it would be this bad...real world: ~75 miles/charge in warm weather; ~45 miles/charge in the winter...and it's freezing in the car! I can't move farther than 75 miles from where I live now without towing

What do I like about the Leaf? - I Looove the guilt free (via the solar) acceleration - The interior is nice and roomy (marked down above due to coooooold - I love that "gassing up" consists of two steps to the front of my car, plugging in and walking away - I like that it is probably cheaper to drive (jury is out due to winter battery life...haven't compiled a year of stats)

Gas engine backup for range and heat