License to Thrill
By nashleaf on
2013 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
I bought my Leaf in the shadow of Nissan's North American HQ - at the Franklin,TN Nissan Dealer. Well just down the street from this dealer (who did a good job) is the Nissan HQ, which has a quick charger (20min). I live pretty close to that charger, so this purchase is a no-brainer for me. I don't have to worry about range ever while I'm driving my normal route. As a result, the people who I pass get to see this Leaf go flying by at whatever speed. Its a quick, fun car, so it's a shame everyone doesn't live this close to a quick, free drink. I only ask that there is an Infiniti version soon that looks a little more sophisticated.
Favorite Features
Electric Drive, local Quick Charge port, Tennessee is very prepared for EV's - so you can drive between all of our major cities and quick charge (Nashville,Knoxville,Chattanooga, etc) Aerodynamics. At high speed you can feel the wind roll off of this car. I remember thinking, when steering into wind at high speed, that it felt like the Leaf was cutting through it. The absence of wind force pushing back was strange, and nice. It makes an already solid car feel even more solid. This car is not big, but it's pretty heavy and incredibly effective at cutting through wind. Also, the cabin insulates very well to save energy, and this makes it more quick. Not you avg econobox at all!
Suggested Improvements
Inifiniti Leaf Bigger battery at some point Seat bottoms that tilt. I'm used to driving cars that you can tilt the seat base back and sort of 'fall' into the seat like a lazy boy. Ahhh. Relax. Well, you can't do that in the leaf, and the seats are terrible anyway, so it makes a bad thing worse. Lack of seat adjustments doesn't take a star off an exceptional automobile, but gives Nissan an easy improvement to make.