2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:
License to Thrill
By nashleaf on 08/09/13 18:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I bought my Leaf in the shadow of Nissan's North American HQ - at the Franklin,TN Nissan Dealer. Well just down the street from this dealer (who did a good job) is the Nissan HQ, which has a quick charger (20min). I live pretty close to that charger, so this purchase is a no-brainer for me. I don't have to worry about range ever while I'm driving my normal route. As a result, the people who I pass get to see this Leaf go flying by at whatever speed. Its a quick, fun car, so it's a shame everyone doesn't live this close to a quick, free drink. I only ask that there is an Infiniti version soon that looks a little more sophisticated.

2013 LEAF
By eaa on 06/25/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We now have a 2013 LEAF. we used to have the 2011 for 2 years and many wants have been added to the 2013 like ECO mode stays on, braking mode. Also better estimate of range. The Air Cod is also more efficient. We love our LEAF. We lease and every 2 years can't wait to see how they improve it and lower the cost. Our daily commute is 44 miles round trip. It's easy with 50 60 left each trip. I can go about 100 miles on city streets when needed. A friend got 188.2miles o 1 charge by driving at the lowest cruise control of 25 mpg. Pretty cool.

Great car. Driving the future.
By dm3 on 06/16/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Comfortable, roomy all electric car. Amazing not using any gas. Haven't used our other cars since we leased it. Overall pleasant car. Roomy, good visibility, handles pretty well, well built, generally well thought out. Compared to Volt, better visibility, seats 5' much better electric range, quick charge option to charge in 30 minutes. Good lease deals available. Factor in gas savings and the car is practically free.

DC fast charger not needed, but 6.6KW is a must!
By frugaldave1298 on 05/28/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Had the car for 1300 miles and 1 month. Great car. Purchased after I got tired of waiting for the new Smart ED which had repeated delays. We got the base S model with the $1300 DC Fast Charge option. SL, SV models come with the 6.6KW onboard charger that charges your car at about 30% per hour. The old 3.3KW charger (still standard on the S) gives you about half that charging rate meaning you'll be forced to wait longer when charging out in town. This is a huge deal! The fast charge option adds the high speed DC charge 30 mins 0-80% and upgrades the 3.3kw to the 6.6kw onboard. That is a big deal! In hindsight, prob should have just gotten the mid-grade Leaf with the 6.6w charger.

Great Commuter Car
By mr_kq on 05/14/13 17:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

As long as you use this car within its range limitations it is wonderful. I am getting the EPA rated range without trouble (about 85 miles with 100% charge and 65 miles with 80% charge which is recommended to maximize battery life).

2013 SV Leaf Review
By leaf_owner on 05/04/13 05:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

My commute consists of 5 days a week 33 miles each way on mostly highway (55-60mph) with limited city traffic. I can drive back and forth to work on 1 charge with no problems of range as I pull in my home with about 30 miles of range. You must get a home charger as the trickle charge (regular 110 outlet takes to long to charge). I installed for $1800 the AV Charger which is a 220 volt/30amp charger which charges the car from empt to full in 3-3.5hrs or about 26 miles per hour of charge. The information above is based on driving in April and May in Central NJ. I have not driven the Leaf in the colder temperatures but I will post a follow up this winter.

Love it so far
By hpver on 03/17/13 20:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We almost bought a 2012 but waited and leased a 2013. We opted for the charger and rearview camera package and are glad we did. State (CA) and local air district rebates cut the already low three-year lease cost in half, making this an unbeatable bargain. We haven't driven our ICE car once in the 10 days since we got our Leaf S. This car does everything we need and is comfortable, easy to drive and costs less than 5 cents a mile for fuel. No problem keeping up with traffic, especially if we take it out of Eco mode. It also appears to have more range than the previous models. We only charge to 80% to save battery and can drive almost 70 miles in urban and suburban traffic.

Much improved, But
By 2john on 03/12/13 20:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

A lovely new advancement in the 2013. The 6.6 charger really make a big difference, I can charge my mostly empty car in 3hours. I love SL sylings, leather, Bose sound system, and intelligent door locks. A great ride. But little, if any, improvements in range a real disappointment..Edmonds needs to test the 2013 range... And I volunteer my new leaf for the test. JohnL

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Leaf Hatchback in VA is:

$103 per month*