This car needs a lot of work before ready for driving
By reginaa on
2012 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)
bought a nissan leaf sl 2012 in Sept 2012. Since the purchase I have not been able to rely on the car for transportation to work, home, child's activities or anywhere. My child is afraid that I will be killed in a car accident cause I can't drive the speed limit and return to where I need to go. The car takes more than 16-24 hours to charge 100% and Nissan told me I bought the special edition quick charge that will charge in 20 min, but actually it takes 1 hr 15 min for 83% charge. I contacted Nissan International (NI) and although they are buying back many nissan leafs, they would not deem my as defective and would not repurchase the car.
Favorite Features
Nissan International (NI) 1-800-343-6913, ext 457250, case # 10758220. NI told me to contact the dealer Fred Haas Nissan for trade in. fred haas, Ray R., new car director, valued my car $18,000, and pay off $30,200. Fred haas will only roll the prce of the payments into the next car loan. I need a normal car that will get me to and from work. This car is severely defective and I need NI or Fred haas to buy back the leaf, I can not afford to be so upside down on this car. I have lost many hours waiting for the car to charge, cash and time. I feel the car is dangerous if driven on major highways because if I drive as fast as the speed limit I will use my 16-24 hour charge in less than half hour. NI and Fred haas told me the car could be used to commute 50 miles, but it actually has a commute range of 15 miles. That is a lot of difference. I have had the car in the shop and no reports of battery problems, this is just not quite the design Americans are ready for in EV autos. Please can you help me? Please, I have 3 bosses (3 different locations), 6 doctors, 1 lawyer, 9 RN's, 30 co-workers and many patients I provide care, friends and teachers, school officials, to that will confirm what I am telling you since car purchase in Sept about my change in work hours, moods, range anxiety, days late to work, missed appointments, missed days because car would not make it, car break down in highways and many, many more things since Sept. The public ought to know!!!
Suggested Improvements
driving distance, mileage equivalence and qicker charges