2011 Nissan Leaf Consumer Review: Just Buy It!

2011 Nissan Leaf Hatchback - Consumer Review

Just Buy It!
By peterhi on

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I have been driving my Leaf for 1 month, with 1,000 miles. Had a very difficult decision to sell my 2007 Lexus IS250 which I loved, and was worried to be driving an econobox tin can. I have no regrets at all! Believe it or not but it drives just as well as the Lexus, is more quiet, just as smooth, accelerates well, and just feels good to be doing the right thing! I have a 20 mile r/t commute to the office; with side trips, often am driving 35-40 miles which is perfect. I have a gas car for longer drives but rarely use it. Take advantage of tax credits while you can! Nissan put lots of research and money into this vehicle to get it right the first time. Just Buy It!

Cool start up sounds, Stereo and Bluetooth audio/phone are seamless and high quality, quiet enough that highway speeds allow normal conversation on Bluetooth phone. Love that blue paint, blue dash lights. Lots of rear seat room, adequate trunk space. I have become an eco-snob, looking down on (only) 45mpg hybrids (joke). Does not drive at all like an econo car. corners well and accelerates strongly with instant torque, no sounds, you just see the numbers clicking away as speed increases. Reverse camera is excellent even at night.

Seats could be better quality with lumbar adjustments; I installed Wet Okole seat covers. Horn sound is so cute it makes my son crack up! You will learn to love and get used to the "distinctive" design of this car. It grows on you! I live in a rural area. Someday there will be quick charge stations at critical locations to allow recharges on long trips. Until then, I stay fairly near to home and use the gas car for long trips. EVs are the way of the future.