Welcome to the 21st Century!
By stellarrat on
2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)
I've had my 2011 Leaf for a month now. It's my only car. So far I've spent a grand total of $8.10 in electricity to drive 729 miles. In my previous car I was spending $180 a month in gasoline and probably another $50 in maintenance (if you averaged it out per month.) In the NW, off-peak power is $.044 / kwh. So, as you can see it's saving me about $220 / month. I've taken this car to every family event, errand and work daily. Not a single problem with range or anything else. I don't even need the 240v charger. The car is just great all around. Good room, good ride, excellent electronics, and decent handling. Acceleration is very good around town.
Favorite Features
I love the electronics package! The ride is very much like a luxury car and it's quieter than ANY gasoline vehicle I've ever ridden in. Of course, the best feature of all is not paying for gas anymore, ever and no pollution from the car.
Suggested Improvements
Obviously, a range increase would be nice, but with the West Green Highway network of DC Fast Chargers this is becoming a non-issue. One other small annoyance, every time I start the car it asks for permission to send data to Nissan. Can't they default that message to YES or NO?