Magic Carpet ride
By 1nissanzealot on
2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)
It's everything i knew it would be and more! Not over-done and nothing neglected. It's equipped with the latest usable technologies and easy to use' it just keeps the "WoW-factor" needle pinned at '10'! No more gas fill-ups or oil-changes. feels awesome to start that inevitable break from the "old" to the "what's new and what's-coming'". The future is now, be a part of it.n me?
By dzajic
on 12/15/10 23:50 PM (PST)

That is great to hear! I really want to be part of the future now too, but I would be taking a big hit on my current, 2-year old car, and I drive < 6000 miles/year, so I should probably leave it for someone that really needs it. Can't wait to take a ride in one someday. Thanks for the review.

By jonc3
on 01/29/11 10:17 AM (PST)

Problem - ground clearance. Nissan does not provide specs on ground clearance. When asked their response was "that information is not available". I suspect the ground clearance is insufficient for San Diego's terrible roads. We had to give up a Honda Civic because the broken streets was destroying the under-carriage. Not even Edmunds provides data on ground clearance.

By djs8
on 12/29/10 08:44 AM (PST)

The idea is great! Clean fuel vehicle. The greatest drawback that I find very cumbersome is at that price, one cannot even commute on a long distance of say: 500 and more.. I am sure the automakers can design/invent something more useful to both the environment and the prospective user of said Tech?

By wwalgreen
on 03/03/11 07:48 AM (PST)

Great going Nissan! I Have always been impressed with your quality and comfort in both your trucks and cars. My wife family and friends cant wait until you are "allowed" to sell this innovative automobile in our market. With the currant oil and gas pricies reaching unseen heights , maybe you will be allowed to move the release date closer. PS. If you need an active family of four to test your new Leaf, you got one right here!!