2011 Nissan Leaf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:
No battery capacity warranty leaves owners with worthless cars
By azdre on 09/06/12 20:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

The lack of a battery capacity warranty has left dozens of warm-climate owners with cars that are no longer useful, and that are unsellable. There are no dealers in Phoenix, AZ that will take these cars as trade-ins because of the issues with the battery. After getting positive battery care reports, we can travel no more than 50 miles in our car that should go 80-100 miles. Nissan is changing it's story at every turn, and refuses to acknowledge a problem. Google: Real World Battery Capacity Loss, and you'll see the real deal with how Nissan treats it's customers. They do not stand behind this product. They got their 1.4 billion dollar loan, they don't need the LEAF anymore.

Welcome to the 21st Century!
By stellarrat on 05/01/12 16:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I've had my 2011 Leaf for a month now. It's my only car. So far I've spent a grand total of $8.10 in electricity to drive 729 miles. In my previous car I was spending $180 a month in gasoline and probably another $50 in maintenance (if you averaged it out per month.) In the NW, off-peak power is $.044 / kwh. So, as you can see it's saving me about $220 / month. I've taken this car to every family event, errand and work daily. Not a single problem with range or anything else. I don't even need the 240v charger. The car is just great all around. Good room, good ride, excellent electronics, and decent handling. Acceleration is very good around town.

Smooth As Silk
By billsea on 02/25/12 12:00 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I've really enjoyed owning and driving this car, which is now up to 10,000 miles. It is incredibly smooth, quiet and generally effortless to drive. The interior feels large, with plenty of room in the back for adults. The storage area is ample for the around-town usage dictated by the range. The range is occasionally a nuisance, but that's increasingly mitigated by charge stations. When my trips are well within the range, I have fun with the torque and the low center of gravity. So far it's getting about 30 miles per dollar, a fascinating new metric that really puts the sucking sound in the front of our minivan in perspective. (It's five times more expensive to drive that one a mile.)

Just Buy It!
By peterhi on 02/16/12 17:05 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I have been driving my Leaf for 1 month, with 1,000 miles. Had a very difficult decision to sell my 2007 Lexus IS250 which I loved, and was worried to be driving an econobox tin can. I have no regrets at all! Believe it or not but it drives just as well as the Lexus, is more quiet, just as smooth, accelerates well, and just feels good to be doing the right thing! I have a 20 mile r/t commute to the office; with side trips, often am driving 35-40 miles which is perfect. I have a gas car for longer drives but rarely use it. Take advantage of tax credits while you can! Nissan put lots of research and money into this vehicle to get it right the first time. Just Buy It!

After over a year of ownership
By eniac on 02/09/12 11:44 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I've owned my LEAF for over a year now and have put just over 10,000 miles on it. The car is still really fun to drive and we've enjoyed every single mile. Everything is still tight, no rattles or wind noise. As for operating costs, I had the tires rotated twice (for fre at Discount Tires), annual battery check at the dealership (also free), and I replaced the cabin filter for $11 and had it detailed on its birthday for $60. Other than $342 in electricity to "fuel" it for the entire year, thats my total costs so far.

Nissan Leaf & Blink Charging Station
By rickrick on 12/09/11 23:51 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

The Leaf is a fun car and it's always great passing buy the gas stations and not having to pay the ridiculous prices.

Car of the Future
By jackie_gt on 09/22/11 08:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Just LOVE the new car. It exceeds my expectations in all areas. I highly recommend buying an SPX Level 2 EVSE portable charger that can auto detect voltage. This also charges the Chevy Volt. I use it to charge my Nissa Leaf. Plugs into an outlet similar to a electric dryer outlet at home and similar ones at my businesses. As of 9-22-11, price $749 + S+H.

Well built, loved the quiet
By rufustf on 06/19/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

We are in TN, so only Nissan dealers are supplying the charging stations making "range anxiety" a very real concern for me after hours driving. It will just take more planning until I adjust to it. When DC quick charging stations are more available, range anxiety will be much reduced. Handles very well.

LEAF exceeds our expectations!
By doeskin on 06/15/11 21:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Took delivery about a week ago; the car is wonderful, very well engineered, fun to drive; range exceeds their promises; Blink charging station is very user friendly and fun to use; comfortable seats ... we sold our Lexus RX350 since taking delivery because it would probably just sit in the garage. You will not be disappointed!

Outstanding So Far
By jsgenc on 05/24/11 15:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Just picked up my Leaf a few days ago and I've put several 100 miles on it already. I'm hooked. It's a remarkable car in many ways. Quiet, smooth, surprisingly powerful and nimble, and cool as all heck. It is not a toy or part-time car by any stretch of the imagination. So long as you understand its limitations, you will use it all the time. I rarely drive more than 80 to 100 miles in a day so it is perfect for me and my family's needs. It's excellent for commuting to work. It is great for running errands and schleping kids around. If you are someone who regularly drives more than 80 to 100 miles per day, do not get a Leaf. If not, check it out now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.