Used 2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Most Helpful|
So much fun
By cherokeegirl71

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have liked the look of the Juke since I first saw it in 2011. Have had mine now for almost 2 months. I average 29.2 mpg in economy mode, which blows my jeep out the water. Sport mode is addictive. The ride is comfortable, I love all the bells and whistles. It handles well, responds to steering and foot pedals quickly. It is fun to drive, the reaction of a sports car with the safety of an SUV. There is not a lot of cargo room, but enough for a trip to the grocery store. Drop the seats down and lots of room.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the choice of drive mode. The economy mode maximized fuel by also adjusting the climate for you. Next, I don't know which I like better, the Rockford Fosgate speakers, the heated seats, the moonroof, no keys! . . .

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I could suggest would be a little more storage, but then again, the more storage you have the more junk you accumulate.

Excellent value for your buck
By distinct

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The design got my attention right at the first time. specs are impressive real value for a sporty yet powerful small suv/crossover. i liked it in all ways. great new look, great horsepower, great gas mileage and low price what else can i bargain. Power always matters in a city environment when you are trying to merge into the road after getting out of a supermarket/mall , while hesitating at a color changing signal light :). Not every one like its looks but i feel being unique is always something which matters.

Favorite Features

Turbocharge engine, gas, style and price

Suggested Improvements

little more legroom in the rear row, i have kids 7 month old and 4 yrs old. car seats taking out or installing or adjusting is pain and for a person little bigger in size its not going to be pleasant ride in the back.

6 Speed is The Way to Go
By chalper

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A manual Juke is a blast to drive. The clutch, shift linkage and synchos are top notch, and give a sport car feel to the vehicle.It handles well ( moderate lean on aggressive cornering) for a CUV, and the steering is quite quick and precise.Brakes have a good feel as well.There is little cargo area, with the seat up, but when I need to haul something, the seat quickly folds and it is adeqaute for normal Home Depot and Costco runs. If you want to tote a 4X8 sheet of plywood or an XMAS tree, get a truck.I wanted a sporty driving vehicle, with a little cargo capability (our BMW Convertible is no help there), so the little Juke is perfect. No CVT for me, it would spoil the Juke's character.

Favorite Features

Free revving engine , good clutch and gearbox feel, agile handling ( steering response), and good brakes.Back up camera is handy. Heated seats.And...styling that's in your face! If you like vanilla and want to blend in, look elsewhere!

Suggested Improvements

Durability of gear shift ball finish. Durability of trim finisher on back seat folding mechanism.

Great Little Car!
By nismo_gtr

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I recently got my 2013 Nissan Juke and I enjoy driving it. My odometer reading is about 700 miles but I'm getting good mileage out of this little car. My average combined consumption is 32.8 mpg and the highest that I got was 34.3 mpg, which I think is good for a turbocharged vehicle. I like the style inside and out. Great little car!

Fun with Compromises
By phranc68

2013 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my Juke. I was looking for a unique, sporty, AWD for my new car and found all that and more in my new Juke. We already have a minivan, so the small spaces of the Juke are not an issue. Fun, responsive, eye catching. Most of the controls are intuitive and the "manual" CVT option actually works pretty well, giving the driver real control over the power.

Favorite Features

Love the I-drive. Choosing between ECO, Normal and Sport allows you to match your needs. ECO on the highway...Sport on the back roads and Normal on the run to the supermarket. Being able to set the Climate system to a ECO setting is also unique and perfect for where I live (Washington State) where it never gets too cold or hot. Bluetooth, Navigation and Back-up camera all work well.

Suggested Improvements

Arm Rests. I have the armrest accessory installed, which helps, but it also blocks the use of the second cup holder. Could be designed better. Also the front bumper, with the three holes and no mesh or other screening puts the radiator at undo risk from any pebble popping up. I installed some aftermarket solutions that should be stock.