Used 2013 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Some factors owners never mention - parking
By Roger D. Luchs

2013 Nissan Juke NISMO 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I live in suburb of Wash, D.C. Work in downtown D.C., shop in suburban shopping centers. Due to size of car, maneuverability, visibility, I regularly can fit into parking spaces other cars can't(on D.C. streets) and can get in and out of spaces and lanes in suburban lots while others with larger vehicles are backing up and moving forward, over & over, to get out of space, blocking entire lane entire time. Have likely saved hundreds of dollars in parking lot fees in downtown DC. because find parking at the curb for far less(or nothing at all)

Chose Juke over BMW Mini Cooper Clubman
By Zoom

2013 Nissan Juke NISMO 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a small performance car, with features of a SUV/crossover. Don't expect big-car comfort & storage. When searching for a small economical car as an alternate to my GMC Sierra 1500, I narrowed my search to the Juke, Toyota Prius, and the BMW MINI Clubman. I wanted fuel economy, AWD, style and performance. I knew I would be sacrificing space. All three cars had great reviews. The Clubman and the Juke were most similar, with the Clubman being slightly more spacious than the Juke. However, I didnt like the metal track for interchangeable armrest and cup holders. Also, having owned a MINI before, I knew maintenance costs would be higher than the Juke. The Clubman price was about $5k higher than the Juke. The first time I saw the Nismo was on a computer screen at a dealer where I had test driven the JUKE SL. I was really impressed with the trim and the sporty look. I wanted a car that didn't look like everything else on the street, and the Nismo screemed uniqueness. Once the image was in my mind, I couldn't consider another style. The Nismo was hard to find, and the dealers were uneducated about it's availability and release date. Surprisingly I found one high-volume dealer in CT who happened to have two in stock. When I saw the Nismo, I fell in love. The little car was stylish with a bit of sass. The trim gives the appearance of being low-to the ground, with flashy red striping and side mirrors. The interior included wrap-around bucket seats, arm rest with storage, wrapped steering wheel, red trim, and all the technology within easy reach. The Nismo test drive didn't demonstrate much variation from the Juke SL, with the exception of the low-profile performance tire & 18" wheels. Nearly three years later, I still love my Nismo. The responsiveness in handling and the agility make it an ideal car to drive in the city and on the curvy, hilly roads in CT. Shortly after I bought it, I did change the performance tires to all-season & it doesn't feel like performance has been compromised. I typically drive in normal mode, but when I need to pass, or just want an adrenaline boost, I switch to sport and manual shift. Juke Nismo's reliability and safety is good for my family. With regular oil changes and maintenance from Nissan certified mechanics, it's never had a mechanical issue. It has a back up camera so I can see anything directly behind the car. The AWD is one of it's best features. We have been dumped on with snow and ice the last several years, and I live at a higher elevation with steep hills and curves through the neighborhood. I grew up in Colorado, so am used to snow & like driving in it. This car has never gotten stuck, or spun out. The AWD and all season tire has made all the difference. Unfortunately I am in a position where I have to let the Nismo go. I've recently accepted a job that provides a company car. I don't need a third car, & the Nismo is the only one with a payment. I initially intended to pass it down to my 15-year old when she's off to college, but that is three years away. It has been thoroughly enjoyful owning the Juke Nismo. If you understand what you are sacrificing in a small car, you will mot be disappointed with this choice.

2013 Juke full of sludge/metal in oil pan
By Lisa Darrow

2013 Nissan Juke NISMO 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Took 2013 Juke, purchased new, with 42,000 miles to Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX in September 2015 because the engine light came on and experienced diminished performance. The dealership examined the car and reported the oil pan was full of sludge and metal. Upon initial findings the dealership claimed the factory warranty and extended warranty were in effect. Later the dealership wanted a signed statement that I would cover costs of the engine tear down ($3,000 ) if further examination determined that a factory defect not was the cause of the sludge build up. I would then need to replace the engine at a cost of $12,000 plus. The dealership did not report of an sludge or metal when I had the oil changed 5 months earlier. The car has been maintained with regular oil changes. No sensor alerted me of a low oil condition until the engine light came on in September. It is disappointing that a 2 year old car with only 42,000 miles doesn't live up to the Nissan reputation. Thought I was purchasing a quality car.

Fun with Compromises
By phranc68

2013 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my Juke. I was looking for a unique, sporty, AWD for my new car and found all that and more in my new Juke. We already have a minivan, so the small spaces of the Juke are not an issue. Fun, responsive, eye catching. Most of the controls are intuitive and the "manual" CVT option actually works pretty well, giving the driver real control over the power.

Love the I-drive. Choosing between ECO, Normal and Sport allows you to match your needs. ECO on the highway...Sport on the back roads and Normal on the run to the supermarket. Being able to set the Climate system to a ECO setting is also unique and perfect for where I live (Washington State) where it never gets too cold or hot. Bluetooth, Navigation and Back-up camera all work well.

Arm Rests. I have the armrest accessory installed, which helps, but it also blocks the use of the second cup holder. Could be designed better. Also the front bumper, with the three holes and no mesh or other screening puts the radiator at undo risk from any pebble popping up. I installed some aftermarket solutions that should be stock.

So much fun
By cherokeegirl71

2013 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have liked the look of the Juke since I first saw it in 2011. Have had mine now for almost 2 months. I average 29.2 mpg in economy mode, which blows my jeep out the water. Sport mode is addictive. The ride is comfortable, I love all the bells and whistles. It handles well, responds to steering and foot pedals quickly. It is fun to drive, the reaction of a sports car with the safety of an SUV. There is not a lot of cargo room, but enough for a trip to the grocery store. Drop the seats down and lots of room.

My favorite feature is the choice of drive mode. The economy mode maximized fuel by also adjusting the climate for you. Next, I don't know which I like better, the Rockford Fosgate speakers, the heated seats, the moonroof, no keys! . . .

The only thing I could suggest would be a little more storage, but then again, the more storage you have the more junk you accumulate.

• SUV