2012 Nissan Juke Consumer Review: Fun little utility car with gr

2012 Nissan Juke - Consumer Review

Fun little utility car with great value
By ptmch on

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Test drive one, and you will fall in love with it's driving performance. With SL trim, it's a great value. Regarding MPG, with one week of ownership, what I found out is the following. If the car is driven as a small turbo punchy nimble car meant to be driven, my commute (60% HWY, 40% Local) gives about 22~23 MPG. But if I drive like my mother is sitting next to me, I was able to get 33~34 MPG on the same route. It's all up to YOU the driver how you balance MPG and performance; much more so than other cars that I had driven before.

- Engine performance is the best part. Turbo fades in @ 3000RPM. Lag from throttle resp. is very non-noticeable. - Good MPG if driven sensibly and properly. - I-Con is kind of gimmicky but cool and I like it. - The rear cam is nerve saver for me given the tightly packed parking space at work.

Electric Power Steering is bit un-natural for me. Normal driving is fine but aggressive steering while punching with quick acceleration, steering can be "unexpected"; maybe combination of torque steer and steering tuning? My main issue is mostly with return to center and mid/low speed center feel when driving aggresively. Mine is FWD, No sure if this is an issue with AWD. Phone Interface via Bluetooth is bit annoying. The voice command to Bluetooth connected phone is not simple to navigate; or maybe I just have not figure it out after one week.