2012 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:
2012 Juke Recalled
By todd_r on 03/12/15 06:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The juke is fun, unique shaped. I like the Juke overall. It is speedy when needed, etc. The original sticker and ads say 37mpg in big numbers and words. No matter if is in eco or turbo mode(default setting), the MPG is 25 on the highway(70 degrees outside and no ac on, no rain, all highway no traffic lights), and 20 in the city. Read the fine print on the window stickers of all Nissans. The fine print says 21. The car has 19,000 and requires new tires. Most tires last 40k Well, as far as factory support, I took it in for a factory recall. The timing chain is to be replaced. This requires an oil drain and refill the oil. This an oil change without a new oil filter. No free filter included.

It Grows On You
By cappecan on 05/30/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just recently purchased my Juke, and I must say it is quite a unique vehicle. The interior is very modern and 21st century, providing you with a space age feel. Seating is moderatly comfortable, however rear seating is a litte cramped as is head room. Some say the outside is hideous replicating a praying mantis or some sort of bug. This look is not for everyone, and it's either a take it or leave it for most buyers. Driving it is a blast especially in sport mode. It has some pick up and go to it when you need, and the ECO mode when you want to be green. MPG is not what it should be, however you do have to remember this is an SUV.

The JUKE is fun, sporty, great gas mileage!
By alidab on 09/04/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Never bought a Nissan in my life. Was at car lot with sister in law, as she wanted an Altima (WHY? I thought). Saw this COOL looking, froggy car with black leather (heated) seats with red baseball stitching...looks inside like an airplane with the RED hard doors/dash. Exterior is the gun metallic. The car is for single person or SMALL family ..don't plan on putting four people's camping supplies in it for the week! THe back seat does go down, making it larger if no passengers in back. The gas mileage---one has to manually put it in "econo" mode...and drive it like Granny would. If you put it in sports mode and use the paddle shifter-like it was a manual trans, you get performance !

Nissan compensation
By sec2011juke on 04/17/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Juke owners seem to mostly be in agreement that their cars are not getting the mpg numbers that were advertised. Mine should be getting 30mpg highway and it it does well to get to 23.5. MANY other auto makers have had models with this problem and they have compensated owners for the problem. WHY is Nissan refusing? Dealerships I've spoken to say they get regular complaints about the Juke mpg; the internet is loaded with customer compaints. I was advised to call the 1-800-Nissan1 by my dealership to try to get some compensation. When I called, I was told that there is NOTHING offered to resolve this problem. [non-permissible content removed].

Awesome
By mixie1 on 02/19/13 05:49 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I don't know why all the negative comments about MPG. If you put a lot of miles on a vehicle, use ECO. This car is zippy enough without having the turbo on all the time. I am getting 28 mpg combined highway and city. Can't complain about that. I love everything about this car.

Did I get "Juked" ???
By kamir1990 on 11/30/12 08:28 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car for my wife as it as time to replace her Hummer H3 with a more fuel practical vehicle. I have the AWD SV CVT automatic model. The car is a blast to drive in any of the 3 modes and the looks are in a class of it's own... but it stops there. The vehicle does not even come close to the MPG rating of "30" Hwy, and I have tried different driving techniques to try to make it happen. The best it will get is 25.5 period! This was one of my deciding factors and it was not accurate. I have noticed we had to look at 3 Jukes to find a consistent paint quality as most had "orange peel" issues. All in all a fun car to drive, but there are nicer MPG models out there.

Luve our new Juke
By robbie30 on 10/16/12 12:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Don't think the Juke is for everyone but for us it was the right car. Just my wife and I now so did not need a lot of room and wanted a fun car. Not a week goes by that someone does not approach us and ask about the car. I think it handles great and lot of options. For the price don't think you can beat it.

"Dont Watch the gas gauge is Right!"
By speedboat2 on 09/17/12 17:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Other reviews regarding poor gas mileage is what I found to be true. Fun car to drive, especially with the turbo that all models have, but gas mileage is bad. Alot of plastic parts inside that I can see not lasting the lie of the vehicle.

2012 juk gas mileage
By lexiw6 on 09/17/12 17:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my 2012 nearly a year. One of my main decisions was the gas mileage and the unique look. I love my car, it is fun to drive, however I am extremely disappointed in the mpg i drive mostly in town and get about 22mpg. When driving the hwy she gets about 24-25. I would like to find out how some others get a much better gas mileage.

fun to drive, just don't watch the gas guage
By mick3613 on 09/01/12 06:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The juke is alot fo fun to drive. Its very manuverable and has loads of power. You pay dearly for the powr it produces though. The epa ratings are extremely off. The sad truth is real life city ratings are 19-21 and if you drive very conservatively you may get 25-27 on the highway. Poor gas mileage and the high octane fuel recommendation makes this one rather expensive to drive. The rear seats are useless for adults, only very small poeple will fit back there.