2012 Nissan Juke Consumer Review: 2012 juk gas mileage

2012 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Review

2012 Nissan Juke Hatchback

2012 juk gas mileage
By lexiw6 on

2012 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my 2012 nearly a year.
One of my main decisions was the gas mileage and the unique look.
I love my car, it is fun to drive, however I am extremely disappointed in the mpg i drive mostly in town and get about 22mpg.
When driving the hwy she gets about 24-25.

I would like to find out how some others get a much better gas mileage.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By chip38
on 10/09/12 04:49 AM (PDT)

I have a FWD version of the car, 2013 model but essentially the exact same engine. I do alot of highway driving and I run in ECO drive mode when I am doing it and I am getting BETTER than the posted MPG (Which is hard for me to accept since this will be the first time I have for a car), and get around 34mpg on the highway here in Texas. I think your mileage must be suffering because of a fairly heavy foot in your intown driving. Mind you to get the 34mpg I have to drive <=65 mph and concientiously feather the pedal going down overpasses etc. It wont come easily. Remember too that your brake time makes up a big difference in overall mpg so if you put your foot down quickly to stop instead of coasting in from further back you will get a ding on your efficiency. The only real thing I am dissapointed in is the navigation system. It is a total peice of junk. My $125 Nuvi GPS is twice as good as the OEM nav center the car comes with. If it wasn't for the back up camera and the ability to later update it with an aftermarket NAV I wouldn't have bought it with the car.