Used 2012 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Turbo concerns
By AE

2012 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased my 2012 Nissan Juke new and have loved the look, feel and reliability of this vehicle until a few days ago. I have taken care of the vehicle and have lower than average miles on it. The warrant only covers 3 years and the turbo assembly now needs to be replaced. This part should last the life the vehicle, not simply until after the warranty expires. I was told that the turbo assembles are back ordered because it is a common problem with Jukes, which makes me question the quality of workmanship on this vehicle. If I will need to replace the turbo assembly every 4 years at $2,200-$2,500, this vehicle will have to go! I would not recommend purchasing one unless you have that kind of money at your fingertips every 4 years and don't mind parting with it. Reliability is a big concern for me. I purchased a new car so I wouldn't have to be concerned about costly repair bills or that my vehicle will shut down on me while driving causing a safety issue. Apparently, I chose the wrong make and model.

great little froggy!
By sarah

2012 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Takes Highest octane gas

Luxury car for great price.
By Andrea K

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm very satisfied with the purchase of my Juke. It's been 6 months now and I really do love it. I have all the features of a high-end luxury car for the price of a Nissan. Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Navigation, Handsfree Bluetooth, iPod integration, Backup Cam...all the goodies I've always wanted. The car is very sporty and is super fun to drive, especially when in Sport mode. I like that you can choose between the different driving modes. They really do make a noticeable difference in the car's performance (I just wish it would save your last setting do you don't have to change it back every time you start the car). I've never had turbo before and because the car is so light and nimble, the thing GOES when you want it to. Really great for manuevering southern California's traffic. Just be careful, I got a ticket the first day I had it. So far I've had no issues with the car. I've had 2 nissans before and they've always been super reliable so I'd expect the same from my Juke. The look of the car is not really my style. Some people love it, some hate it. I don't really care about that, I was more concerned with the features it offered while still being a hatchback.

I call it a hatchback and not a small SUV because that's what it is. When I first got it, I was expecting more of an SUV and since my last 2 cars have been larger SUV's, I wanted the same thing just smaller. This is not that. It is really tight on space. This hasn't been an issue for me so far but it does take some getting used to. If doing any long term camping trips, major costco runs, or if you have kids, this is not the car you want to use for that. It's really more like a sporty coupe with a little bit more clearance and space. The seats fold down and that definitely helps increase cargo space but you have to push the front seats forward to get the rear seats down. Kind of a pain but not a deal breaker for me as I do not have kids and rarely even a second passenger.

My other issue with the car is the fact that I'm constantly having to fill up the gas tank. The tank itself is small (10gallons ish) and the gas mileage on this thing is not so great (I'm averaging at 24mpg...not good for such a small car but considering it has turbo, I get it). Oh, and it takes 91 premium fuel. So even though it only costs me about $30 to fill up, I am doing so every few days, as it only has a range of about 250mi on a full tank. It also takes synthetic fuel, again due to the turbo, so the maintenance is not as cheap as any of the other low end nissans.

Overall, I really am happy with the Juke. Sure it has it's downfalls but the pros definitely outweigh the cons for me. If I could have gotten a used versa with the same SL features, I would have gone for that, but only the new Versa's have all those nice features. Not as much ground clearance as the Juke but way better on gas and probably not a ton of difference as far as cargo space goes.

2012 Juke Recalled
By todd_r

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The juke is fun, unique shaped. I like the Juke overall. It is speedy when needed, etc. The original sticker and ads say 37mpg in big numbers and words. No matter if is in eco or turbo mode(default setting), the MPG is 25 on the highway(70 degrees outside and no ac on, no rain, all highway no traffic lights), and 20 in the city. Read the fine print on the window stickers of all Nissans. The fine print says 21. The car has 19,000 and requires new tires. Most tires last 40k
Well, as far as factory support, I took it in for a factory recall. The timing chain is to be replaced. This requires an oil drain and refill the oil. This an oil change without a new oil filter. No free filter included.

The feel of speed for a small car is good. It moves when needed. It feels sporty.

The recalls have me worried. And Nissan not replacing the oil filter as part of their service replacement of a timing chain (which could produce metal shavings). The mirrors and vision of cars and backing out in walmart parking lots is a little dangerous. The camera is good, but it takes too long to turn on(1 minute after the car is started). Most start the car, and within 30 seconds, it is in reverse. Factory tires last 20K miles, and not 40K miles. Be honest with MPG ads. It is not good to have a person deceived. Nissan will not fix this complaint. It gets 21mpg(avg), and is supposed to get 28(min in city).

It Grows On You
By cappecan

2012 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just recently purchased my Juke, and I must say it is quite a unique vehicle. The interior is very modern and 21st century, providing you with a space age feel. Seating is moderatly comfortable, however rear seating is a litte cramped as is head room. Some say the outside is hideous replicating a praying mantis or some sort of bug. This look is not for everyone, and it's either a take it or leave it for most buyers. Driving it is a blast especially in sport mode. It has some pick up and go to it when you need, and the ECO mode when you want to be green. MPG is not what it should be, however you do have to remember this is an SUV.

Navigation, bluetooth, AUX, 3 selectable drive modes, and heated seats. I'm amazed at all the features this SUV has for the price I paid for it. Not to mention the fact that it has on demand AWD. That is not the usual on cars today. POWER!!!!

Storage space is very minimal. MPG is no where near advertised even in constant ECO mode. Rear seating is limited and cramped.