Sport Cross delivers Fun and Excitement in a unique package
By timbrewolf on
2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I love Dan Neil's review in the WSJ of the Nissan Juke that it "looks like a Murano in larval stage", but owning one it feels like a combination of some of the best Nissan features from the lineup. The turbo direct injection works well with the CVT transmission to deliver impressive pull across the power range, while the unique styling will definitely turn some heads. The look can be polarizing, but it grows on most, and definitely separates the Juke from a sea of look-alike sedans and economy hatchbacks. Add on the top-notch build quality (especially in the SL additions), and technology in the engine and interior, and it's the most fun I've ever had in a car!
Favorite Features
While it may not have the growl of a large displacement, American sports car, when the Juke hits around 3k RPMs and the turbo boost kicks in, it definitely has a RAWR. The claws come out and pull this thing along the road. Swerving through curves and traffic, it's so fun that I'm surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet! The short body, and high ride height make it easy to drive and easy to park, and the unique look lets it stand alone in a parking lot. It's an amalgamation of car/SUV/hatchback features that I never would have thought of, but it works better than expected, and I enjoy the car more every day I drive it!
Suggested Improvements
* Small fuel tank * Less than stated mileage