Okay, but I'll never own another one
By cobraboy1 on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I bought this car to get me something with good gas mileage that was different with all wheel drive and standard bluetooth. And a sub compact size with a good fun-to-drive ratio. And it had to have a sticker of under 22k Overall its an okay vehicle, but I've been talking to people (nissan techs - to remain nameless) who've all said to trade it in after the warranty is up. That is enough for me to say I won't own another one again, but overall its not terrible. The major complaints are three: 1. MPG is not what was promised 2. Gas tank is only about 11 gallons 3. Although you don't have to run 93 octane your really should to get the best mpg's
Favorite Features
Acceleration, Handling, passenger space, comfort. So what does this vehicle do right? 1. It is a ton of fun to drive. 2. It has a decent amount of space for the subcompact size (remember its built on a versa) 3. The stock stereo is pretty good. 4. It has a nice commanding view of the road 5. It makes my wife feel safe and our kids like the different looks.
Suggested Improvements
First of all, forget even coming close to the EPA gas mpg figures. Its not anywhere near. After doing several road trips and much city driving with 87 and 93 gas I can tell you this: Driving like a grandma on 87 = roughly 21.5mpg city; 24.5 highway On 93 = roughly 22mpg city; 26mpg highway This is so far below EPA that I called Nissan. the response I got was mostly "drive slower" I have one of those driving monitors that plug into your OBDII I'm already getting the max 40% off of my bill. I can't drive the thing any slower. For max mileage, try to never let the tach rev beyond 3000rpm unless you absolutely have to.