JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21 on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!
Suggested Improvements
recall the damm thing. its a peice of junk!
By kgd79
on 04/08/13 15:33 PM (PDT)

I also bought a 2011 Juke. I have 60,114 miles, and they will not honor my warranty either. Just curious what reason they gave your mother. They said my oil was black even though i had it changed 12 days before it broke down.

By jennspenca123
on 01/03/14 11:22 AM (PST)

They love using "did you change the oil?" as an excuse. I came in with a tick in the engine and right on time for my oil change they said the tick was from being low on oil (umm what?). I'm not stupid, no it wasn't you don't get a tick in the engine from low oil, well, three days later I'm back in their shop with their rental car being pulled around because my timing chain was faulty and they would have to rebuild my engine. I had owned this car less than 6 months.

By rhonda19683361
on 02/23/14 06:19 AM (PST)

I was driving and my Juke reduced speed and just stopped. I had to get a tow to the Nissan dealer, rented a car and waited for the promise they were going to call me within the hour to tell me what happened. I called them after 4 hours and was told the engine locked up. I have 44,000 miles on it, and now engine is blown?? Now i have to run around and try to remember where all my oil changes were to prove it was not an issue. I brought in the majority of them, but am missing some for 2012. I travel a lot and have had my oil change it different parts of Indiana. I changed my oil every 3000 miles, and the history that I did bring in showed that. The service manager said he will fax it to Nissan and see if they honor the warranty. This should be a no brainer, but now as I sit here and read all these same problems, I'm getting a little nervous that they are going to tell me I have to pay for a whole new engine. As soon as this is all over I am trading it in before the 60,000 mile warranty is up!