Juke makes you wanna puke
By wessica007 on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
The juke is sadly not an economical car. Advertising at 27-32 mpg, I am mortified to get a 19-23mpg average. Buy a truck people! The sound system is horrid, no armrest, a flashlight would be better than the interior lighting. No trunk space. Nissan also does not back up their product. They falsly advertise, then say its your problem. I used to have an infinity fx35 with bose and leather and gave it up for this economical car.....NOT>>>>buyer beware!
Favorite Features
none
Suggested Improvements
Dear nissan, is it possible you could tell the truth about a car for once. not blame poor gas milage on the ethanol in our fuel. Its 2012. get real.
By wessica007
on 02/21/12 08:21 AM (PST)

Duh. The issue was giving up a big car for a small economical car. But it's not economic. That's the point wise guy. Could have it all for the SAME GAS MILAGE. Read my blog again...

By jukiemcjuke
on 02/20/12 15:59 PM (PST)

I believe the manual says not to use ethanol, but whatever. It sucks you aren't happy, but I can't get over how all these people who complain about MPG also then scream their lungs out about trunk space, armrests, sound systems, etc, when those things should have been tested and clearly understood by the purchaser upon test drive. What happened? You didn't notice that the trunk was small at the dealership when you were LOOKING RIGHT AT IT?!

By bethjm
on 05/13/12 16:57 PM (PDT)

Ok, so I don't own a Juke (although I was thinking about it), but I do own a 2012 Sentra. I'm gonna agree with wessica007 in the statement, "Nissan also does not back up their product. They falsly advertise, then say its your problem." My 4 cylinder Sentra gets 14 - 15 mpg city, 17 on a good week. I figure now, if I bought a Juke, I'd probably only get 10 mpg city. Good luck wessica

By reviewer09
on 06/09/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

Agree with Jukie- I read these reviews while researching my purchase- bought one regardless of fools like you who complain about this trivial stuff like an armrest. I wonder how many people really think before they buy something. Jukie said it - "Who test drives a car and says, "Well, it's cramped, uncomfortable, chintzy, and horrible to look at both inside and out, but I'm just so indifferent about it's performance! I'll take it!" Well, I get 29.7 average mpg and this car- sans armrest and all!! - is really a fun, engaging ride!

By jukiemcjuke
on 08/22/12 15:10 PM (PDT)

All I'm trying to say is, you claim that Nissan as has lied to you by selling you a car that doesn't get the guesstimated mileage (presumably because they are evil) but the facts is there are thousands of Jukes getting stated mileage, ours included. You have to admit, your review does look a little fishy. Who test drives a car and says, "Well, it's cramped, uncomfortable, chintzy, and horrible to look at both inside and out, but I'm just so indifferent about it's performance! I'll take it! Trade straight across for an FX35?" Come on, dude, give the people some credit. With or without MPG in the equation your review is a hatchet-job, which is understandable since you have an axe to grind. I'm just trying to maintain a little perspective. People look at these reviews to decide on a car. It's a great system, but it only works when we're honest. To anyone looking for a hypermiling car, just get the Prius or whatever. Don't go looking for a sporty, turbocharged answer to your have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too prayers. That might not end well.