No JUKE, just a pathetic JOKE
By msbeanz on
2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I have had my 2011 Juke for 2yrs now and at first I loved the look, the handling, the size and fact that it can fit into the smallest parking spots! But 2 yrs later I am so done with it and have a baby on the way so its already to small just for 2 adults and our lab in the back. I sit thru 45 min of traffic going home every single day and the shifting in stop and go traffic is horrible! It really struggles in traffic! The hatchback is a joke if you want to fit anything more than a few grocery bags or if put one or both back seats down that's really the only time you can fit something of size into it. Again, with a baby on the way I will no longer be able to fold both seats down for storage!
Favorite Features
Love the look, mainly one of the reasons I got it, very un- cookie cutter. Be prepared to get stares absolutely every where you go though!
Suggested Improvements
Everything.....is that asking too much? Oh and the paint job is another joke, chips at the slightest touch of anything but your finger! Arm rests, middle console, a console on the dash possibly like other Nissans??? better gas mileage, better shifting, not requiring premium gas just about the whole dang car needs improvement. And that's being said after being one of the luckier ones who have only had 2 recalled parts and no major malfunctions like the first models that came out! those poor people. Cabin size needs to be bigger unless you are a barbie or liliputan...
By justin_t80
on 04/15/13 08:31 AM (PDT)

The Juke was never meant for the audience who needed storage and space. That is why the company also makes larger vehicles (Murano, Pathfinder, etc.). You probably already knew 'how small it is' while purchasing the vehicle and got to check out how much cubic feet to storage it had. Looks like circumstances have changed for you which is a personal thing. So, bashing a product for something that you already knew going into it and for 'not what it was intended for' is probably not doing justice to the product.

By reviewer09
on 06/09/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

I very much agree with Justin - did you not note no armrest when you test drove? Did you grow after you purchased this vehicle (Cabin size needs to be bigger? Again, do people purchase vehicles without getting inside of them first?)? I came from a Pathfinder- yes, I could cram a bunch of stuff in it but I also hated the 15 mpg. And it sounded like you, too have a 6 speed- better shifting would be, oh, an automatic? I live in LA so I do know a thing or two about traffic- I bought this 6 speed knowing what happens in stop and go and yet I still have no complaints!