2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Review: Love my 2011 Juke but not its

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Review

Love my 2011 Juke but not its Tires
By jukeownerohio on

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall , I love my 2011 Juke with its many features. It now has approximately 25,000 miles and I recently drove it in both moderate rain and several inches of snow. The tires are terrible. I was hydroplaning worse than any vehicle I've ever had and had to crawl along in the smallest amount of snow. This was in both the variable and full time all wheel drive settings. After reading the many reviews posted about the Goodyear tires that came on the car, I'm very disappointed that Nissan would choose these for this vehicle. I live in Ohio so I experience all types of weather conditions and I feel these tires are unsafe with this amount of wear on them.

It's sporty, fun to drive, and quick. I really like the exterior design. I like having the choice of settings for both the turbo and the road and weather conditions; ie. all wheel , variable or front heel drive. It has great acceleration even when you use just the Normal setting on the turbo. I like the fold down seats as I often have larger items to transport for my job.

As I was reading through other reviews, I agree with several of the suggestions. An arm rest would be great, a little better lighting in the rear would really help and I would choose automatic headlights and a compass to add. I ordered my Juke with the gray interior and was expecting more gray- I hate black carpet. It shows everything. I am 5'3" tall and have a hard time with the drivers side blind spot-it's very hard to see if someone's back there with the pillar and mirror design. My gas mileage is averaging 24 to 27 mpg. I did get close to 30 on a trip where I didn't run the air and drove 70ish for 250 miles or so with the turbo on ECO and the variable all wheel drive turned off.