2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Review: Like the frog

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Review

Like the frog
By roesch on

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Although we wanted a SV model,we found none available without many add ons so we ended up with a Juke S FWD with a spoiler, which I think adds to the over-all look. We traded my wife's car, a Vibe, because she finds the frog look attractive. As most of our driving is in the city, we both like the quick ease this car offers as it zips into small parking spaces. The construction is solid, as is the ride, and we find the quiet interior enhances the sound system. The FWD gives us some extra space in the back, and while not a large as the Vibe, most of the time we do not need a larger storage space for our gym gear and groceries.

This car is fun to drive, and easy to find in the parking lot-- usually it is the only one so its frog face stands out.I find that my wife and I fight over who will get to drive it. After a thousand miles, we average about 27mpg in the city-- what we hoped for. At 6' 2" I find the car comfortable and like that I can change the audio sources from the steering wheel, while connecting to blue tooth for cell phone calls.

I miss the premium seat covers and leather-wrapped steering wheel offered on the SV and think it should be included in the S. And I wish the tuning knobs were of better quality. But in general I would recommend this car which is marketed for the younger buyer, but from the looks and questions we get, I find attracts older women who want to trade down from their standard SUVs to something more fun to drive.